If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT:The Human Ourobos

edited 2013-03-21 17:31:32 in Wonderful posts

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well of course it's pointless if it goes in a circle.

• Oh god, this was supposed to go into HH.

That's why it's so weird.

Oh, I was about to ask what the Human Ouroburos was.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Not the Ouroboros, the Ourobos. :|

Either or, what's the difference?

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

As it so happens, the EU is in fact currently planning to loosen restrictions on medical research on humans. Yeah. Including doing away with the ethic commissions, and scrapping some protection rules for minors. It's some scary stuff.

• edited 2013-03-21 18:04:48
    But you never had any to begin with.

Either or, what's the difference?

Ourobos has something to do with French. Ouroboros is a snake eating its own tail.

As it so happens, the EU is in fact currently planning to loosen restrictions on medical research on humans. Yeah. Including doing away with the ethic commissions, and scrapping some protection rules for minors. It's some scary stuff.

Source?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^ Fuck the EU.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

^^It should have come up now and then in the less important parts of the news in recent months; it's still in the planning/negotiation phase and particularly Germany and the European Parliament are heavily set against it. Still, given that Germany has faltered on just about all European topics in recent years and that the EP has no power to speak of, and given the power of the pharma lobby... yeah. There was an article about it yesterday on Spiegel Online, but it's in German. Dunno if Babelfish/Google translate can be of help there: http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/medizin/klinische-studien-eu-politiker-streiten-ueber-geplante-verordnung-a-890024.html

• edited 2013-03-21 18:56:49
    Diet NEET

>no looping daisy chain

me disappoint

Anyway, if volunteers wanna gamble their health away, let 'em. Medical experiments pay a shitload of cash, have to inform you of all possible consequences beforehand legally and ensure you're heavily compensated if stuff does go wrong(no no-claim bullshit). As someone who regularly participates in this sort of jig(5 studies as a labrat so far), I can only embrace it if the senseless 3-months-inbetween-period is nuked and peeps base it on the type of study participated in instead.

>children and mentally ill

That does sound iffy.

Sure, I agree, if the legal framework is sound, then that's nobody's business but the volunteers' own. If the legal framework is in fact sound, that is. And that only goes so clearly for adults who can give informed consent. Minors and people with mental disabilities are another matter altogether and a more complicated issue.

• edited 2013-03-21 19:25:59
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hm, EU seems pretty good at not yielding to industrial lobbies. I'm willing to agree it does yield once in a while, but mostly when a suspicious lobby hides behind less suspicious lobby.

Yeah right, and that's why they want everybody to privatize their water networks now. Brussels is a heaven for lobbyists even more so than national capitals, I'd say. Probably because it adds another layer of indirectness between decision making and the people.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

'Kay, I said "seems", not "is". They did tell Microsoft off. BTW I was thinking of environmental regulations that seem to benefit mostly the producers of wind turbines and stuff.

Eh, okay, I see, my tone was probably a bit too abrasive again. Sorry about that, could've formulated that better. But true, I suppose European anti-trust regulations actually do work pretty well, even outside the famous Microsoft case.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

...eeee...

I mean, I was a bit cast off-track by seeing the opponent calling me right.

• I thought this thread would have a picture of a guy sicking his own dick.
  • edited 2013-03-22 00:54:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Imagine a chain of Mentlegens.

So instead of a mouthful of cigarettes, the Spy has a mouthful of Spy who has a mouthful of Spy who has a mouthful of Spy who has a mouthful of Spy etc.

• I thought this was going to be something like the Human Centipede, but in a circle.

Also I'm tired enough to type that without actually conjuring too detailed a mental image, so neener to you all.

• a little muffled
    Yeah I thought the same.
  • I thought so, too. Except I got Ourobos and Caduceus mixed up.

• edited 2013-03-22 20:26:40
    But you never had any to begin with.

But did you mix up the Caduceus and the Rod of Asclepius?

And remember, people. Ouroboros. Not Ourobos. An Ourobos is not a thing. Unless you are French.

• Nopes, but I'm sure I've done it a million times before.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-22 20:38:50

A useful mnemonic is that the Caduceus is supposed to be a symbol of Commerce, and uses two snakes to match the symmetry of the (Hermes) wings.  A one-snaked Asclepian is the original symbol for medicine, but doesn't look as cool.

• But you never had any to begin with.

You have to admit, it makes the Caduceus pretty fitting for the US medical system.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-22 20:42:08

Commerce, eloquence, negotiation, and trickery.

Yeah, that is depressingly fitting at the moment.

^