If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

people not knowing what a "drum break"/"breakbeat" is

edited 2013-03-17 20:22:50 in Media
yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

so here, I will explain it.

a drum break or "breakbeat" IS:

• an unadorned percussion section in a song

a drum break or "breakbeat" IS NOT:

• any drum part ever

• any percussion part ever

• a genre

• a broken drum

• some kind of alcohol

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I'm not going to read that because it will probably make me angry.

Wikipedia is comically distanced from how actual music fans perceive music.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Looks fine to me.

This article is about the electronic music genre.

I got no further than this.

What tends to get called "Breakbeat Music" (for whatever damn reason) is usually older pre-Dubstep UK stuff like Garage or Jungle.

• Anyway, I'm not sure what you're expecting with this thread.  There really isn't anything to discuss, so it basically just has to be "oh yeah sure thanks I learned something" or "Yeah!  Fuck those posers who don't know all the specific arbitrary jargon that I use!"

the name of this website is "itjustbugsme.com"

this bugs me. So I made a thread about it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Strangely enough, the majority of people are not versed in music jargon.

I run into this problem most often on music forums, where you'd really think people would know it.

• "It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!!"

Having never heard of a breakbeat before and doing a little bit of GOOGLE searching I discovered that breakbeat has had several different meaning's over the past and I fail to see how your view on the meaning of the word is any more relevant than the several other meaning's it has taken. The thing is, in music, genre's are what people make them, so if someone makes a piece of music (using the term loosely in this case) and calls it a breakbeat song, who are you to disagree?

• You can change. You can.

The thing is, in general, genres are what people make them

Fixed.