If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This is the song that never eeends

edited 2013-03-12 22:10:24 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star
It just goes on and on my frieeends
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was
And soon they were stuck singing it forever JUST because...

Comments

• a little muffled

I find it interesting how the first half of the last line has so many different variations (around here it's "and then they kept on singing it") despite the rest of the song not having any as far as I can tell.

• Going off of what Nyktos said, the Lamb Chop version apparently is called "The Song that Doesn't End" instead of "The Song that Never Ends."

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Curiously, it's the last line that I never quite parsed, and thus ended up having to fill with my own text.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-12 22:52:01

Heehee.  I remember scanning the lyrics to some of my music teacher's more awful schlocky songs.  It turned amusing in hindsight when I learned what common meter is, and it's up there with House of the Rising Sun and Banned From Argo for things I use to make fun of overly simplistic and repetitive songs.

• I like singing it.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

IJBM: People don't notice all the other songs that never end.  Like anything that loops, such as most videogame pieces.  And stuff like Pachelbel's Canon.

• edited 2013-03-13 07:33:18

That's because video game music not ending is part of the piece's very nature. It's not really meant to be noticed.

'The Song That Never Ends' calls attention to its nature as never-ending, which causes the association between the feeling of annoyance and the melody of the song.