If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hungary further on path towards neo-fascism

2»

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

There's no political will because, well... the EU politicians are averse against anything that might appear as any form of rollback of the "European process". I'd say that's pretty much a dogmatic point by them, but then I might be biased by my own general opinion about the EU. Still, I'd say about that. Hungary's economy is small enough that excluding them from the common market would hardly register in the wider EU. But the message such a step, no matter if sanctions or outright exclusion would send... the EU politicians couldn't portrait the EU as happy family anymore then, and an exclusion would be a rollback of the 'European process' they want to avoid at any cost. Which is also the reason they dogmatically want to save the Euro despite all economical realities, politicians have outright said it's not about the economy but about the 'European idea' and all that. It's somewhat the same principle here I guess. But again, that might be my own bias.

I am further convinced that literally no one likes the EU.

• a little muffled

My poli sci prof does.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I dunno, it's just that in the dozen or so forums I frequent or semifrequent, and of all the assorted Europeans I have spoken to, none of them seem to ever have anything resembling a positive opinion of the EU.

Granted, I suppose that's not honestly that many people in total, but I'd think there'd be like, at least someone, and I can't think of anyone.

this is anecdotal, of course.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Really? In my experience, the only support I ever get online for my anti-EU stance is from Brits, and yeah, okay, they are against the EU mostly, but not the rest of Europe.

• But you never had any to begin with.

No, the Eurosceptics in the UK are a vocal minority.

• edited 2013-03-13 00:18:30
    I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

I didn't say the Brits are all against the EU... but that is where you find most EU opponents. That is, I mean, in my experience online, anectdotally, not speaking from any statistics.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I was under the impression that EU is one of those things everyone likes to complain about.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

not even sort of but it can't really be worse than being from Pennsylvania.

You mentioned something a while ago... never mind, I am confused.

Anyway, yes, there are places in Pennsylvania that are definitely up there.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So, er, I thought a bit on it and figured I could be more descriptive. Basically, it's easy to complain about the EU as it is easy to complain about central government. It's always some faraway force which tells you how to live, and politicians as a group are generally seen as lazy and crooks. The EU is milder on the laws, as EU is not a state, but it is also a mostly foreign bureaucratic machine that issues directives on various things which a layman wouldn't understand without a longer explanation, like all the trade and environmental regulations. The bureaucracy is never seen as a good thing, too. I'm willing to claim that even the most anti-EU people don't want to just do away with all of it altogether, just reduce it to the level of a pact of free trade or whichever issue is their personal favourite. I'm personally in favour of EU if you want to know, even as I have an occasional complaint.