If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That this wasn't the Quantum of Solace theme

BeeBee
edited 2013-03-11 00:15:51 in Media

DAMN YOU ALICIA KEYS, this is SO much better than your terrible hip-hop!

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Alicia Keys doesn't make hip-hop, a few collaborations notwithstanding.

• Whatever the hell Another Way to Die was, it's awful.

• You can change. You can.

Another Way to Die was OK.

Most of its issues are Jack White-wise, though. 

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-12 16:44:44

Other than being completely thematically inappropriate, you mean?  Look, it might've fit for one of the Brosnan movies, but Quantum of Solace was about as far from the tone of that song as it gets.  Hell, even just the acid trip intro sequence was about as far from the tone of that song as it gets.  FFS it wasn't even Mickey Moused properly to the intro -- it felt like an amateur Youtube AMV.

Come to think of it, it feels like the intro may actually have been designed around the rejected song, and Alicia Keys got edited in at the last second and the video adjusted for time.  The rejected song lines up too well with the sequence's pacing and tone.

• You can change. You can.

Mind you, I remember shit about Quantum of Solace.

That is how it's supposed to be. :P

But yeah, I meant the theme on its own, rather than as a Bond theme. I do agree that the theme wasn't really good for the movie and was pretty much a lousy attempt at trying to do "You Know My Name" again.