If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Maneaters and black world tendency.

edited 2013-03-06 12:30:03 in Wonderful posts

Comments

• Definitely not gay.

I'm going to pretend that I understand this.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Dark Souls thing?
  • I totally understand this.

• ^^ Demon's Souls.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Okay, here's the rundown:

Demon's Souls has five separate worlds. Each one has a "tendency", which you can think of as a state of being. This tendency sits on a scale of white to black, where a pure white tendency makes things easier and a pure black tendency makes things harder. A pure black tendency, however, means that you get better drop rates on some things and access to otherwise unattainable pieces of loot. White tendency also has some loot advantages, but not as many. White tendency can sometimes open alternate paths as well. 

So, in short:

Black tendency is bad! It makes the game harder!

White tendency is good! It makes the game easier!

And then we come to Maneaters. Together, they're a boss battle that's fond of pushing you around. The catch is that the boss arena is narrow, and it's easy to fall off, earning the Maneaters some notoriety amongst Demon's Souls players. Since black world tendency makes things harder, the Maneaters are even worse while your world is in that state. But you kind of have to fight them that way if you want to get all the best loot.

But seriously, fuck Maneaters. 

• They're somethin' else.

I'm stuck at this bossfight, yup.