If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Devices being linked to online accounts

edited 2013-02-25 00:23:52 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So my mom got an Android-running tablet recently, and it seems to really want her to link it to a Google account.

Now I've been reading that Windows 8 wants you to link your computer running that OS to a Microsoft e-mail account.

Is this a good or a bad thing?  Discuss.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It would be good if it were less obnoxious about it, and gave you more control over what linking them DID.

For example, I had to disable a bunch of stuff on my phone to keep it from syncing my blog images to my photos folder on the phone.

• edited 2013-02-25 00:45:04
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I know the chances of this actually happening are slim to nil, but I'd love it if the different companies would at least let you choose which cloud service you link your devices to, e.g. you could link an Ubuntu account to your Windows 8 computer instead of a Microsoft account, or an iCloud account to your Android phone instead of a Google account.