If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Webcomics

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I have never understood what people see in this "Treatise" bullshit.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^okay

If you actually want to say something about why you don't like them, that would be one thing, but as-is, that's about the only response possible.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Okay, then. In my opinion, it's like they add nothing to the story and just look like some pretentious pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Because... they are cool.

See? Cool.

And it's not like they're just there for the sake of coolness, it also serves the purpose of, well... dunno exactly what, but I know that each aspect of this image deals with the divide between Court and Forest and so on.

But mostly, cool. Which is purpose enough.

it's like they add nothing to the story

Yeah. It's really obnoxious how they waste huge stretches of time, rather than just taking up the one-page slot the creator uses in between chapters to fool around.

More seriously, I'd say their purpose is to provide a cool-looking, single-image summary of where the story is at that point.

Yeah, only this single-image summary is hard to call a summary if you need to waddle through all this whatever-it-is pseudo-mystical/intellectual/alchemical imagery to understand anything. 

More seriously (I'll take the phrase now), I guess it's for those who like to search for hidden meanings in the story. In this case, what kind of meaning does one or another part of the picture have.

waddle through all this whatever-it-is pseudo-mystical/intellectual/alchemical imagery to understand anything

I guess it's for those who like to search for hidden meanings in the story. In this case, what kind of meaning does one or another part of the picture have.

It's not that complicated. Look, Kat is on the left, with the Court. Annie is on the right, with the forest. The ground outside the Court has circuitry running over it, while the ground outside the forest has roots.

I wonder what that could possibly mean.

I am not sure the picture looks like it was supposed to be that easy to interpret, but whatever. No point to speak of it further.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The symbolism of it is extremely blatant.

Okay, okay, I guess it's the way it's served that irks me.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I like alchemical and hermetic symbolism, personally. It's an interesting way to view the world through metaphor and association, and given the story that Gunnerkrigg Court is telling, it's quite appropriate.

• You can change. You can.

I see them as comic book covers.

And really, what's a comic book without a cover.

(SHIT. SHIT OF THE MOST HORRENDOUS KIND. SHIT THAT COMES OUT OF A BUTT)

(SHIT)

• I'm a damn twisted person

Oh man the art of making good comic covers is a thing of beauty when it clicks. 

• AND I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT IN A ROUND TABLE

CAN WE DO THAT

• Definitely not gay.

I remember when GC's art sucked.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Yeah, there are quite a few really well-drawn comics I wouldn't have gotten into when they first started out, because the initial artwork wasn't that good. (see Gunnerkrigg Court and Archipelago.)

For some reason I see early GC art as, although worse, more... oneirous, I guess is how I'd call it. I'm not sure if it is the art itself, or rather some kind of lingering initial impression. After I archive binged the comic, I needed some time to snap out of that weird melancholic phase.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Binged Cucumber Quest today.

For those who don't know about it, it's a (affectionate) RPG parody by Gigi D.G of Hiimdaisy fame. The art is wonderful and adorable, and the story's no slouch either.

• No rainbow star
    So

Goblins

Minmax looks fairly screwed

So there is an official, licensed Galaga webcomic, written by the Dinosaur Comics guy and drawn by the Dr. McNinja guy.

No, really.

It's awesome.

Go read it.

Galaga?

Galaga.

magnificent

To be more clear, it's an arcade game from the 80s. The webcomic...takes some liberties with the source material.

I figured as much.

• edited 2013-03-21 19:41:48

None of the links on that site respond to me clicking on them, so it may actually be the most poorly-designed webcomic site I've ever encountered.  That or there's some bug with an addon I have or something.

• Works for me. I'm actually a semi-regular on that thing; started reading Bravoman for some reason.

• No rainbow star
    I already knew of the Galaga webcomic :3

So, OOTS.

Damn, Belkar is getting some solid character development lately. Wasn't actually ever expecting that to happen.

• No rainbow star
    I love Belkar so much