If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why can't this calendar feature on this tablet work without an account?

edited 2013-02-24 02:43:28 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There's a calendar feature (is the term "app" right for this?) on this Lenovo IdeaPad that my mom got.

You can't use it unless you have an account with something.  Either Google or a "corporate" account with some company I don't recognize.

Why can't calender work without internet connection?  What happened to local storage?  What happened to, y'know, having a day planner inside one's tablet?

Comments

• edited 2013-02-09 01:16:06
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Well, the laptop tablet isn't forcing your mum to use that particular calendar program, is it? If it isn't, then just tell her to use a different solution like Thunderbird, and if you're that worried about other people's experiences then write to Lenovo's customer support about it.

EDIT: Whoops, misread the thread title...

...actually, I don't quite understand how that is happening to your mum, at least not if she has one of the Android-based IdeaPad tablets. Android's calendar app definitely allows users to keep calendar data on the local storage and the online sync feature, while highly encouraged, is by no means a necessity IIRC. If it's one of the Windows-based IdeaPad tablets, I don't know what to tell you since I've never had a proper go at using Windows 8 myself.

• edited 2013-02-09 01:19:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's an android tablet.

I can't even figure out whether the big squares count as apps.  Never had a tablet before.  This is confusing.  At least on a computer I can know that when I install a bunch of stuff with an EXE in the midst of it, I know I've installed a program, and I know it does stuff.