If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Telenoids

edited 2013-02-03 11:15:04 in General
They're somethin' else.

Alright, so these things are supposed to add more of a human element to telephone conversation, by giving the person talking a bit more of a presence with some doll taking the second person's place.

It's also as fucking creepy as Ghost in the Shell's Puppetmaster sans the tits.

Oddly enough, they look like haniwas.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Someday, people are going to get it right and not drop their human-imitating technologies into the uncanny valley.  Someday.

Today is not that day.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Or just turn towards actual humans rather than cheap imitations.

Some people are trying to add a human element to this dehumanized society through dehumanized methods, and are obviously failing at it.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

err

do they not have Skype in Japan, or....

• edited 2013-02-03 16:28:54
    Loser

Schitzo,

telenoids on a wall

Maybe your Ghost in the Shell comparison is a more accurate one, but I thought they kind of gave off a Neon Genesis Evangelion vibe. I definitely agree about the creepiness factor though.

Do you think the idea is have some sort of physical presence for the other person in the room? Otherwise, it seems a bit weird to me, given the existence of Skype (as Super Lazuli mentioned) and other videophone type stuff. That said, if people actually find the telenoids useful, I cannot really fault them for that.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...I just noticed that they have an I Know That Feel Bro face.

• Wouldn't want one of them to hug me like that though.

• Poot dispenser here

I would not wanna get within 20 feet of one of these creepy-ass mermaid phone babies.

• No rainbow star
    I'm expecting a long distance fuck version to be made one day
  • Poot dispenser here

...What? Do you mean phone sex?

• No rainbow star
    Except you'd wear sensors so the one your partner fucks would act as much like you as possible

It would be creepy, but it will be done
  • Poot dispenser here

Jeez, at least you thought this out.

• No rainbow star
    ^ ...I've thought about how I'd try making something like that if I had programming experience

Long distance + No sex at all can make a brain creative...