If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Wikipedia

edited 2013-01-31 01:31:20 in Webspace
No rainbow star

Sometimes they amaze me. From requiring a citation on human hands having five fingers, to some of their edit wars

For example, I found out through XKCD that there is currently a massive edit war over whether the title of the page should be, "Star Trek Into Darkness" or "Star Trek into Darkness". Yep. An edit war over a single letter

The talk page is covering the argument splendidly

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's obviously supposed to be capitalized. "Into Darkness" is a subtitle.

• No rainbow star

Yeah I don't get the argument either. If it is really THAT important, then both sides should just call a cease fire until they get more information and leave it matching what every single other site has

Also, just found this beauty

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • No rainbow star

It doesn't look like they came to a consensus

• I remember some drama about whether Power Rangers Samurai titles should have a colon, and somebody vandalized Mighty Morphin Power Rangers article so the infobox reads "Mighty Morphin: Power Rangers". I think they settled on Samurai not having a colon.

Other than that, I don't really know of article title drama.
  • edited 2013-01-31 09:30:12

The fingers thing is just vandalism, I'm sure.

Anyhow, as cool as this was, it sparked a pointlessly lengthy and vitriolic debate.

• edited 2013-01-31 13:50:35

For example, I found out through XKCD that there is currently a massive edit war over whether the title of the page should be, "Star Trek Into Darkness" or "Star Trek into Darkness". Yep. An edit war over a single letter

Sounds like a lot of hullaballoo over...

...one iota's difference.

• yeah well, fuck you and fuck your broken youtube embeds, vanilla

• No rainbow star
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

When your Youtube bid isn't the first thing in the video, you can just copy/paste the embed code.

• Champion of the Whales

Apparently there was an edit war over whether or not John Logie Baird was Scottish or British despite Scotland being a part of Britain.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Doesn't surprise me - Scottish nationalism is still alive and well, after all.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Well, "British" is vague. Scottish is more specific, just as English or Manx is. 

• a little muffled

And of course a lot of people (particularly those who are not British) will just assume British == English.