If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When the magic of a game dies somehow.

edited 2013-01-26 16:51:49 in General
They're somethin' else.

Take for example the Guitar Hero games. In particular, the first and second game in the series.

The covers of the songs in those games, while decent, can be cringe inducing at times. But, they had a lot of soul in them. I loved the bonus features in both the first and second game. You can tell that the team put in A LOT of effort at making us think we could rock hard.

Something was lost in the third game. Most, if not all the songs, are the original songs. Not only that, but you could see some really bad charting shenanigans in the game as you played it. Take for example Sunshine of Your Love. In the last chorus of that song, the power chords get slight variations, even though the song sounds mostly the same throughout. and well, some of the games later on are just overcharted in general (not that the key presses have much basis in actual real life guitar playing anyway).

Even before then, Guitar Hero custom became a thing, and it just dawned on me how interchangeable all the charts and all the songs were. Suddenly, I just couldn't care about the series anymore.

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

Same thing with Super Smash Bros. The first game, of course, was awesome. The second game (and by proxy, the third) was AMAZING for me, though probably not for the reasons you'd think.

I loved the little trivia and fanservice(nintendo history based) strewn about through the series. I especially loved those trophy vending machine mini games. It's like a wiki walk in video game form, you know?

And then, hackers revealed a good number of hidden dummied out trophies here and there.

And that's when I was like "... really? Really, Nintendo?"

This frustrated me even more because of Ness and Lucas being playable characters, despite Nintendo's intentions of NEVER, EVER sending us an update on the games they started in, legally.

And so, I just stopped giving a crap about Smash Bros all together.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Because Nintendo (rightly so?) doesn't give a crap about the Earthbound and Mother games?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I thought it was already well-known that the Mother series has serious potential copyright issues if it ever got released stateside?

• Yeah they're not the ones at fault for that one.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

And JRPGs aren't exactly big sellers anymore.

• Because you get bored and disillusioned with everything eventually.

• Didn't the creator of Mother flat-out say he wants the games to never be translated?

• edited 2013-01-29 20:19:53
    Has friends besides tanks now

Speaking of games that have died . . . >.>

(Nova, why did you put another door after the first one Thevel melted down? You know how these online games are. <_<)