If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vanilla's free service is shutting down

edited 2013-01-23 18:33:16 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
In an email I got:

"According to our records, you had created a free forum on vanillaforums.com. We've sent  you this email to let you know that Vanilla will be shutting down its free service on of  February 23rd, 2012."

Ignoring the fact that they horribly failed at the year...

Aren't IJBM and HH run on free services?

Comments

• edited 2013-01-23 18:37:36
    a little muffled

Aren't IJBM and HH run on free services?
    They're not hosted on vanillaforums.com (anymore) so they shouldn't be affected. I'm pretty sure they're just shutting down free hosting, not the software itself.

And even if they did stop providing the software for free, that would only stop IJBM from upgrading to newer versions.

Edit: After Googling, confirming that yes, it's the hosting that's no longer free, not the software.

• No rainbow star
    Ok, good. Was quite worried there
  • edited 2013-01-23 18:42:01
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So I guess that means the old IJBM (IJBM 2.0) is getting axed.

As is Heapers' Hangout 1.0.

...wait, you got yourself a forum on Vanillaforums too?

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I made a thread over there
  • For some reason I'm mildly disappointed by this, even though it won't really affect anything.

• "Ignoring the fact that they horribly failed at the year..."

What if they're retroactively revoking their free hosting and billing everyone for the past year?
  • No rainbow star

^^^^ For testing out my Cryscon game

^ D:

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^That would be right up there with locking everyone into the main office and lighting it on fire in terms of things that make your company not be a company anymore.

• ^ I should have read this post before going public.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, you shouldn't IPO a company that's been involved in things like mass murder and arson conspiracies.

• So, does this mean the old IJBM, with those glorious spam posts, will be gone now?

• No rainbow star
    We can still save those posts