If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Memorable Quotes Thread

edited 2013-01-22 22:25:27 in General
No rainbow star

Because the old one is LOOOOOOONG dead and fuck wading through 87 pages of results for that thread

Just came across this beauty:

Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?

D'you see that biiiird guuyss... I would swear it weighs more than me. Open your eyes... it's up in the sky and meeeean. I'm just a small guy, that thing is eyeing me. And so I've got to go, get a bow, hide down low and move real slow. Anywhere that thing goes, its shadow is my sign to fleeee. Tooo fleeeeee.

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

When I was six I had a chicken that walked backward and was in the Pathé News. I was in it too with the chicken. I was just there to assist the chicken but it was the high point in my life. Everything since has been anticlimax.

-Flannery O'Connor

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

He was filled with that wonderful feeling, one that happens to a man a handful of times at most over the course of his life, when the entirety of his hindrances, in a solid, material form, was within the range of his fist.

The translation is mine.

• edited 2013-02-11 20:47:21
    Diet NEET

Because I'm too much of an asshole not to keep these feels to myself:

"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself."-Mark Twain

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

"You were quite right. Those Poles! They are low villains—all alike, men who know neither law nor fidelity."

"And who want to set Europe on fire," said the peaceable Rivet, "to ruin every trade and every trader for the sake of a country that is all bog-land, they say, and full of horrible Jews, to say nothing of the Cossacks and the peasants—a sort of wild beasts classed by mistake with human beings."

Courtesy of Balzac, this is gold.