If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The SATs (and some other standardized exams maybe), in which "Handwrite (do not print)"

edited 2013-01-18 05:41:49 in Meatspace
My arms are falling off!

uhhhhhhhhh

me printing IS my handwriting

do you want me to call upon my rusty shit-tier cursive skills and delay the exam by writing so slowly

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I usually see this the other way around (Hand Print do not Write).

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

This pisses me off too, I don't see the point. Although the last time someone made me write in cursive was in grade school.

• a little muffled
    There are standardized tests that aren't all Scantron?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

This pisses me off too, I don't see the point. Although the last time someone made me write in cursive was in grade school.

• @Nyktos  There are usually the essay portions, but what Raydere's talking about is the bullshit where you have to write out "blah blah blah I'm not cheating blah blah blah".

• It means write it in cursive, because CURSIVE IS SMART.

Seriously though, I haven't written anything other than a signature in cursive since early middle school, my printing is nigh unreadable chicken scratch, and I graduated college with honors.  So...

• edited 2013-01-18 20:50:07
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Yeah, my handwriting has not been good at any point in my life and I don't remember it ever causing me any problems at all. If it even held any relevance in the past, it certainly doesn't anymore.

I'd say the point at which I realised it wasn't a big deal was when I saw how sloppy my high school teachers tended to be (I was still worse than all of them, but at least my self-expectations in this area were drastically lowered as a result).

If handwriting matters to academic success then most of my college professors should be fired

• My arms are falling off!

I think the idea is that print writing can look like it's forged, as opposed to cursive which looks more "natural".

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I definitely didnt have to write in cursive when I took the SAT.

I can't even remember the last time i had to cursive, to be honest.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I had to write in cursive in fifth grade.

• edited 2013-01-18 23:59:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

I don't remember if I had to use cursive on some small portion of the SAT or not. Might have had to do something like what Ponicalica said, but I certainly didn't need it on the actual test. Still use it for signatures, but it's annoying because I haven't yet figured out how I would shorten it down to some indicative little squiggle like most signatures I've seen, and I haven't used it on a regular basis since elementary school.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Still use it for signatures, but it's annoying because I haven't yet figured out how I would shorten it down to some indicative little squiggle like most signatures I've seen

This gives me an idea. 

• edited 2013-01-22 00:46:29
    (void)

@AllNines You could do things the Jack Lew way.

does anyone here but me write in cursive?

• I do. I find it very difficult to write in anything but. Shame my cursive is so messy and illegible half the time.

Likewise, but my printing is worse.

I've actually had high school teachers tell me they can't read cursive. Not mine specifically, cursive in general.

• edited 2013-01-21 05:50:48

Fortunately all of my teachers could read my handwriting (mostly everybody could, it was just crappy, which is funny because I think I developed it to stop people copying off of me - at least, that's what I told people. Not sure if that's true or not), but there was a bloke in my English class whose cursive was so bad that both our English teacher and the head English teacher could absolutely not read it. It took an assistant trainee teacher who could, by some absolute miracle, read it for them to figure out what he was saying. Shame, too; really smart guy, and he probably lost a mark or two because of his illegibility (he still got an A though; teachers even said he might have gotten more if it had been easier to read and told him that he needed to clean it up).

• does anyone here but me write in cursive?

I do, except when writing short messages for others and things like codes.

• My writing can lapse into cursive on occasion, mostly depending on when I'm feeling (f)artsy.

I'm known to drift from print to cursive and back mid-sentence.
  • My handwriting is basically your standard D'Nealian but dumbed even more down than D'Nealian already is.

So sometimes the letters join up cursive-like and sometimes they don't.