If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Avatar Theme Organizing Thread

Comments

• edited 2013-02-12 22:30:00
    Loser

This probably sounds pretty lame, but would anyone be up for a couples theme? I was thinking that shipping stuff would be not required if you want to participate, so long as you use two people/creatures/things that go well together. That said, if the consensus is that a Valentine's Day theme is a little cliche, no need to feel pressured to find an avatar.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'd be okay with that. I'm sure I could come up with something. I also don't have a relatively regular avatar anymore, so . . .

• I just don't have any couples avatars to use.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Unfortunately the only such avatar I have is quite a bit of a spoiler...

• edited 2013-02-13 06:54:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Heck no!

I'm talking about a different show's spoiler.

• edited 2013-02-13 07:36:17

Oh. Anyway, I can't really think of any couples I should screencap. These two wouldn't work very well at avatar size. And I'd rather use a couple that actually do get together instead of just making shipper fuel.

Maybe these?:

http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1412/22/06/04/album/vlcsna41.jpg

http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1412/22/06/04/album/vlcsna68.jpg

(spoiler for My-HiME?)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

but tate was boring

• edited 2013-02-13 08:27:09

But I don't want to look through 26 episodes for things to screencap right now. (I have some aversion against getting fanart, except for characters that never screencap well T_T)

Well, there's this, which isn't really a spoiler. (seriously, I knew she was a girl without paying attention to her. For a while I actually forgot anyone in the show thought she was a boy) The scene isn't exactly canon either.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

then just go the shizuru/natsuki route

it's one of the closest pairings to canon (and is certainly canon on at least Shizuru's part, and apparently possibly Natsuki's given one of the soundbooks or something has her turn down a dude because she has to respond to someone's feelings, or something)

and it's much less boring than mai/tate

• edited 2013-02-13 08:55:25

Like this? Although the Akira/Takumi pic had better color contrast (lol pink ninja).

blaaaaa

There's also this, which is apparently from a DVD cover (the Japanese release had 9 volumes?)

But, I maintain that AkiraxTakumi were pretty canon, and so was AkanexDudewhohasnoreasontoexistbesidesbeingakane'sboyfriend.

The second one's more avatar-sized.

Akira and Takumi were unimportant enough that I forgot they existed, so whatever.

Shizuru's style just bugs me.

Anyhow, I remember wondering who Akane's boyfriend was and later connecting the dots and realizing that he was just a completely inconsequential character who existed solely to be Akane's boyfriend.

Oh, btw, does anyone actually like Shiho?

• edited 2013-02-14 07:17:44

I like her simply because her Child was kinda like the Dragblacker to Kagutsuchi's Dragredder. That, combined with her "ghostliness" and rivalry to Mai makes her the show's Ryuga. And a magical girl using a flute is pretty cool. Her personality though...

Shizuru's style just bugs me.

I like the kimono + spear combo. It has a... Japanese-y feel.

I don't think I've ever watched an anime series primarily because it was set in Japan.

...except one, actually.  Taishou Baseball Girls, because history of gender roles and feminism makes it worth it.

• edited 2013-02-14 14:14:21

Well, I was referring to how it's kinda unique due to the fact that I rarely find magical girl outfits that strongly resemble traditional Japanese garb. Yeah, it was just some random Japanese clothing she had, but it works well with the spear. Akira's style had more Japanese-ness going on, I guess, 'cos ninjaninjaninja, which was also cool.

I don't know what this desire for more Japan in my mahou shoujo says about me, considering that I never ask for tokusatsu costumes to look like samurai armor or anything (no, I've never watched Shinkenger besides that Decade crossover).

• You can change. You can.

I thought I didn't have any shippy avatar but now I do so hah

and it fits with femslash february too

• a little muffled

Eh, why not?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'd do this, but I don't have any couples I'd want to use.

(also too busy being generically angry about valentine's day, as is my duty as a single person)

• a little muffled

The real meaning of Feb 14 is my half-birthday.

• You can change. You can.

CU: You want to use Matt/Fogie, clearly

• Well, I have a relevant-ish avatar.

Even if by now it's already no longer Valentine's Day in a lot of the world.

• sa

It's not Valentine's Day anymore.

But I don't care.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

This was a Valentine's Day thing? Eh, whatever.

• It looks like a bunch of people would qualify for this already, so would anybody be up for a MLP theme?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

MLP is so two years ago.

• Let's do something that doesn't involve anime!

How about Care Bear fan art?
  • edited 2013-04-02 02:09:38

^^^ No. I haven't even seen any version of it.

^ Maybe bears in general? Okay, I can't really think of any I'd use right now...

Clearly, you should do traffic control devices and signage.

• I have a roadsign with the number 404. Will that do?