If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm seeing Chuunibyou eyepatch girl everywhere

edited 2013-01-04 23:13:20 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's like, every anime site will have at least one or two people prominently showing this character.  Some dark-haired, eyepatch-wearing, derpcute little moë.

Edit: Apparently, it's not "Chunnibyou", it's "Chuunibyou".

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

It's a Kyoto animation show with reasonable popularity. Expect to see her a lot for a while.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

She's starting to drive me to officially join the anti-moë crowd.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I like her.

• They're somethin' else.

How's the anime, by the way?

• Poot dispenser here

I'm in the same boat as Glenn.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^I watched it for anime club, and I didn't hate it. Which is as close as a seal of approval as you could get for a moe show from me.

• They're somethin' else.

... huh.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

She was fun, but I actually liked a good deal of other characters (including the protagonist oddly) more.

• edited 2013-01-04 19:50:07

Tsuyuri is the only character in that show who isn't either extremely bland or extremely redundant.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed, typo in thread title bothers me.

What's the correct spelling of that name?

• edited 2013-01-04 23:04:46

中二病 (ちゅうにびょう)

Romanized as "Chuunibyou" or "Chunibyo" or "Chūnibyō" or probably other things since there are lots of ways to transliterate Japanese (but usually you'd use the first one), but certainly not Chunnibyou.

Fixed.  (And I was worried I'd gotten it too right...)

That said, the Chinese "中" is pronounced "jōng" (long O sound) in Cantonese (and similarly in Mandarin) so I see the Japanese messed up that phoneme a bit.

• edited 2013-01-04 23:12:01
    There is love everywhere, I already know

It might not be her, could be Mei from Another (If she has red eyes).

• edited 2013-01-04 23:13:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Van Wangggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

Chip Cravaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunibyoooooooooooooo

Ted Yolo

• edited 2013-01-04 23:18:22
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Meh. I've been avoiding Kyoto Animation's new stuff almost completely for a while now. The Nichijou anime is definitely one of my all-time favourites, but precisely because of that, KyoAni has rather disappointed me ever since.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

You saw Hyouka right? Despite it's slow pacing it's the best slice-of-life anime I've seen in a while. In fact, I think the pacing adds to the show.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I haven't seen Hyouka, actually. Read a lot of stuff that made me think it wasn't any good, so I didn't bother getting into it, but now...

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

is this eyepatch fingertwirl girl?

otherwise known as Le Woop Woop Face.

^ It is, yes. Her actual name is Rikka Takahashi.

Or Takanashi. I can't remember.

• edited 2013-01-05 02:13:35

Takanashi.

It's written with the kanji for "Little birds playing" but it's read like "No hawks."

/me forgot absolutely everything about Black Rock Shooter except that one scene where one of the characters explains her name (which happens to be the same as Rikka's).

I saw the Black Rock Shooter OVA and I remember most of it, but I haven't seen the actual anime (unless you count watching the first episode with a commentary track by a pair of goons).

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

the OVA was pretty good if I remember right

never seen the show

My new name for her is Le Woop Woop Face, even though I have no idea what the context of that comment is.

My name for her is no longer Le Woop Woop Face.