If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My parents probably wont pay for summer school.

2»

Comments

• my calculator is broken right now.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/
  • See? You're making progress because you stayed off this site for a while. Keep it up. We're rooting for you.
  • Or actually, since you're a freshman in high school, google has a calculator that's good enough for anything you'll need it for.
  • Google can graph quadratic functions?
  • edited 2011-03-28 22:01:50
    No, but I never had to graph them exactly when I was in high school.

But anyway, Wolfram Alpha can, so... yeah.
  • I don't think I have to graph them exactly, but I do need the tables for the equations. Which Google probably has.
  • Google won't give you tables.

Actually, I don't think Wolfram Alpha will either.

Though I have to wonder why you need them anyway.
  • We're doing how to factor and solve quadratics when they're all trinomials (such as "x2-9x+2=24"). One of the things our teacher suggested (to do during the part where you see what factors of the third number add to make the second number)  was to to calculate that number divided by X and look at the table to see basically a list of factors all at once.

...That was probably explained badly. And I just realized that my calculator can do that (it crashes trying to do quadratics, though, for some reason).
  • edited 2011-03-28 22:14:17
    Well, you could just type "divisors of -22" on Wolfram Alpha and it'd give you a list of them.

• edited 2011-03-28 22:15:45
    I use Excel.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Do you do it in a Hyatt?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...okay, that post was rather uncalled for in a thread this serious.
  • What tables are we talking about here? i am confus

Also why is a calculator necessary for that example question?

• It wasn't but it certainly made it easier.
  • edited 2011-03-29 15:20:18
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    @GMH

I know what a Hyatt is.
  • For motivation, I've been toying with the idea of publicly anouncing that you're renouncing something until you're over with your (clearly defined) goal, something like "No more internet until having done all the exercises in this guide."

By the way, no more internet until having done all the exercises in this guide.