If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Werewolves

edited 2012-12-25 11:59:33 in General
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

These guys aren't dead right?

I just like them so much.

Comments

• There's a whole Militia of werewolves somewhere. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Have you seen Dog Soldiers, Saturn? It's the best recent Werewolf movie out. Well, 'recent'.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

>2002

Yeesh.

Someone needs to put out a good new Werewolf movie. I'll check it out, though.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Werewolves ate my platoon!

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That movie was fucking great.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I am reminded of that film about a werewolf in a women's prison whose trailer I once saw on Youtube.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Yeah, I'd like to see more werewolves too.

We're getting an overdose of Zombies, a healthy dose of Vampires, and I would say a recommended daily supply of ghosts.

But we definitely have a werewolf deficiency. I think there might be a lot more ways to explore them that haven't been done.

• I saw a movie recently that was a teen romance where the guy was a werewolf with a relationship with a human teenager not unlike the relationship between Edward and Bella Swan.

• Yeah, I'd like to see more werewolves too.

Wish granted.

• You can change. You can.

but...?

Whiat wat?

• You can change. You can.

he's supposed to say "Wish granted but they're on fire"

and then you're supposed to say "Ho ho, fun."

I still need to trademark that shit.

Also, female werewolves.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

We're getting an overdose of Zombies, a healthy dose of Vampires, and I would say a recommended daily supply of ghosts.

But we definitely have a werewolf deficiency. I think there might be a lot more ways to explore them that haven't been done.

I know I've done the revenant spiel just recently, but in the old folklore, the difference between these things is seldom clear. And that's pretty cool. 

• edited 2012-12-26 07:12:45
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I guess I mean common conception, but yes, Alex, you have gained a follower to the way of the Revenant :3

Really though, I honestly think, besides Ghosts, the Werewolf is my favorite movie and horror monster. I just think too many writers don't do things different enough with them. I don't mean the abilities they have, or the things they are weak to, yeah no, not the rules.

I'm talking about the situations Werewolves are put into, and how the people turned into werewolves handle their new condition.

I recently read a spec script about a group of bank robbers that hold up a bank, and take everyone hostage. Then, one of the bank robbers turns out to be cursed with Lycanthropy. Now the rest of them are stuck between a werewolf, and the cops. It wasn't very well-structured and had logic issues, but dat premise.

I recently read a spec script about a group of bank robbers that hold up a bank, and take everyone hostage. Then, one of the bank robbers turns out to be cursed with Lycanthropy. Now the rest of them are stuck between a werewolf, and the cops. It wasn't very well-structured and had logic issues, but dat premise.

Sounds close to From Dusk Till Dawn 2, only that one had vampires.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I guess I mean common conception, but yes, Alex, you have gained a follower to the way of the Revenant :3

shit guys

it's spreading

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Mention anything enough times and eventually somebody else will like it.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

this is why I mention Spinnaface whenever I can.

The bad thing is, is any of us able to compete with Alex on these grounds? I can only think of Miss Anne, and we know she's off-Net for like a year or so.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

That's true. If arguments could be won with sheer word-count I think we'd all agree with Alex all the time.

• he's supposed to say "Wish granted but they're on fire"

In this particular case I was the one on fire.

But it didn't stop me.

• No rainbow star
    I could see potential in a YouTube series that is a video diary of someone infected with Lycanthropy. Things like waking up in weird places, finding blood around them, etc.

...And I also want Eldritch Horrors that are not Slenderman or Cthulhu (they've gotten a LOT of exposure and need some rest, people)

....That IS a good idea Ica.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I concur that it is an idea worth pursuing.

Also, while Slenderman and Cthulhu might get the most exposure in popular (internet) culture, there are plenty of other horrors from beyond out there in literature getting play. Really, if you pick up anything by China Miéville...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Slenderman is rapidly approaching (or already at) the point of being more funny than scary.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ica: Fun fact. Cthulhu is actually a minor presence in Lovecraft's work. He's got plenty of other monsters like Yog-sothoth and Shub-niggurath.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My guess with regard to why Cthulhu is so popular is because he's the most powerful Lovecraft entity that can be easily drawn. Which kind of demonstrates how low he actually is on the totem pole.