If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Christmas Thread 2012

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Also, I guess I should mention what I got people.

For my dad: He recently finished writing a mystery novel, which he's self-publishing. The main character has a plane. Specifically, an old L-39 Albatros. I bought him a kit for a model of one, which I'll build with him. Fun will be had.

My mom wanted a book, but it wasn't going to arrive on time. I ordered it, but also made a black-and-gold chainmaille necklace so she'd have something to unwrap (thanks to Nova for picking the covers).

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

We give gifts for New Year, not Christmas. And Christmas is on the 7th of January.

• You can change. You can.

Oh and I forgot:

saladofstones gifted SOTL. let's see how it plays on minimum settings. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> cat toys

what

• So far, I bought Bastion,

*sneezes*

- throws a stick -

come on boy fetch

• -Gave nothing

-Got nothing

God, my Christmas kicked ass!

• I'm a damn twisted person
    GMH - you know little things like toy mice or crinkle balls that cats like to smack around.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Or those fuzzy feathery things on a stick that are oddly fun to smack around

@Alkthash: Well, do you have a cat?

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Yes two of them, but it's still a lame gift. I mean they cost like 1-3 dollars a pop. If I want more for the cats ill just get something.
  • a little muffled
    We used to get cat toys as presents...for the cats.
  • edited 2012-12-25 16:55:44
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

@Alkthash: Just looked at your gift list again.

-body wash and deodorant(everybody got this. I think they must have had a coupon or something)

I get those all the time. It's basically the lazy "utilitarian" gift, when you really can't decide what to buy somebody and end up choosing something that you know they won't dislike and will find useful.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Incidentally, I also got this huge gift box of Axe (Lynx in Europe I believe) products from my parents, on the basis that I use their hair products I must like everything else they sell. :/

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Lynx in Europe I believe

I don't know, it's also called Axe in Serbia. 

• Got to sit through three hours of my family rambling about their insane political conspiracy theories and racist ideas of "how it should be."

. . . and the classic Christmas gift, the itchy sweater.

• edited 2012-12-25 18:09:36
    I'm a damn twisted person
    And thanks to White Elephant hijinks I can add socks, towels, a backsratcher and a get well cold preparedness kit. Towels are useful enough since they go with my bathroom rugs but eh, just lame gifts this year.

Bluh, I just need to listen to Father Chritmas a few times to stop whining.
  • I cooked Christmas dinner and was surprised by a whole slew of people coming over to eat it.

Also I got this zombie Art of War thing, and while I do feel zombies are a wee played-out, the book was very nicely bound with a rubber band to hold it in, a ribbon bookmark, parchment-style graphics and really nice artwork.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Alk, do you have a steam account?

Malk, do you have a steam account?

• After last morning, I also got a bunch of gift cards, which I spent online on an LPO album, Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS and a wired 360 controller for my steam games and emulators. And I also got ParaNorman and a Hubble calendar from my amazing aunt. And also 20 bucks, which will probably either go towards Steam sales or a belated gift.

Glenn, do you have a steam acc...wait shit

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

CosmicHumor.

• a little muffled

Other things I got:

• Pokémon Black 2

• Phoenix Wright (only like eight years late on this)

• Elantris

• Some books about math

• Money

Also I didn't get The Alloy of Law which was the book I actually wanted to read but oh well.

> eight years late on a game

Who cares?

• edited 2012-12-25 21:32:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Malkavian: /me is Quint

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Pokémon Black 2

Hey, we can be trade buddies.

You got a Magby yet? I can grab an Elekid with a good nature.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Well, I got (all from my dad):

• A 64GB iPad with Retinal Display.

• A R2000 iTunes gift card.

• A pre-order thingy for the South Korean movie Bleak Night from rightstuf (weird coincidence, he saw it at a film festival and thought I would like it, which I do).

• To spend the day at the Christmas Party from hell with both sets of grandparents.

• To hang out with my dad and watch all the depressing Christmas news.

The hell is retinal display?

• Buzzwords.  It's actually just a high-definition LCD screen.