If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This particular piece of Chun Li art

edited 2012-12-24 02:37:12 in General
They're somethin' else.

Now, Bengus is probably my favorite Capcom artist next to Shinkiro. But uh, this piece of Chun-Li art from Street Fighter Alpha 1...

I mean, most improbable poses for female characters are usually done for fanservice reasons, and I'll usually forgive an artist if they pulled that off like 2 times out of 10 as opposed to everyone else's 9 out of 10. But

Just what the fuck is Chunbuns doing here, exactly? That isn't EVEN a fanservice pose anymore, and it doesn't look like any kind of kata for a martial art I've ever seen. I mean, I understand you've gotta give a character a dynamic pose or two in promotional art just to get a kid hyped up or something, but holy shit who's legs even twist that way?

Comments

• Her hands seem rather disproportionate.

• You can change. You can.

the legs don't worry me

her arms tho

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-24 03:03:26

dose man hands

they're like

bigger than her head

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The most worrisome thing about her legs is that they're crossed, so she's just asking to be pushed over. Mind you, occasionally you'll just cross your legs during some footwork stuff, but almost always by accident and you should try and iron it out of your technique. 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I tried to do the leg thing, and I could almost do it

• You can change. You can.

I just did it.

maybe i'm flexiber than i thought ._.

but yeah I wasn't thinking of this pose from a martial arts stand-point simply because it doesn't even seem to be one.

• They're somethin' else.

If she was walking, just where the hell is she headed? The only thing keeping this from being Liefeld worthy is a lack of pouches and no ballerina toes.

But other than that, Bengus is pretty much one of the best Capcom artists evar. So yeah.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

so am I the only one concerned by her almost total lack of torso

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I just did it.

maybe i'm flexiber than i thought ._.

I'm about as flexible as a mahogany table, and I did it without any problem.

• Yeah I can do the leg thing.  It's actually an intermediate step for a quick about face in west-coast marching band.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

When I said almost, I mean I couldn't get my right foot to be straight up like that.

• edited 2012-12-24 09:18:21

Yeah, there must be something we're seeing differently, I did it with no problem too.

Regardless, where exactly is that from? Because it doesn't look like it's supposed to be fanservicey or a fighting stance. Though it's pretty bad regardless.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The leg thing isn't difficult. It's just a why would you do that.

She appears to be posed more-or-less at random.

• They're somethin' else.

You could find this image both in the Capcom Illustrations book and the Street Fighter Alpha I manuals.

Also, the way her arms are dangling is also kinda weird.