If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Mehdi Belhaj Kacem broke with his mentor Alain Badiou in an act of philosophical parricide"

edited 2012-12-21 16:36:11 in Philosophy

http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/not-the-one/

Everything about this article makes me think

A: Philosophers are basically teenage girls

B: Philosophers try really hard to make their lives sound more interesting than they are

C: Philosophy is basically just petty banal squabbling.

These conclusions do not wound me as much as I'd think they would. It's possible this is because the whole thing is COMPLETELY FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

How about that incident where Wittgenstein threatened Popper with a fire poker in the middle of a lecture?

• edited 2012-12-21 16:57:50
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

A: Philosophers are basically teenage girls

B: Philosophers try really hard to make their lives sound more interesting than they are

C: Philosophy is basically just petty banal squabbling.

If you consider the pseudo-intellectuals who buzzword-sling on the internet to be actual philosophers, then yeah this is totally true.

• Ironweaver: yes, that was also awesome.