If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My phone wont download firmware updates unless I'm connected to wi-fi.

edited 2012-12-18 23:28:27 in Meatspace
a little muffled

Look phone, it's nice of you to try and save me money and all, but Wi-Fi eats battery life and I have unlimited data.

Comments

• edited 2012-12-18 23:44:44
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Who said anything about saving you money? :P

• a little muffled

Well, it's certainly not saving Google or Samsung anything...

• a little muffled

It tells me that to download over mobile I need to disable Wi-Fi.

It tells me this while Wi-Fi is already disabled...

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ Costs companies nothing to send data with those towers. Phones are always communicating, so it piggybacks on that
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, I was assuming 3G.

• a little muffled

Besides, lots of people have their internet and their phone with the same company, right?

• I dunno.  A lot of people have their internet and their home phone with the same company, but I don't think that really applies to cellphones.

• a little muffled

I dunno about the States, but two out of the Big Three cellphone carriers here are also the Big Two internet providers.

• edited 2012-12-19 17:25:20
    (void)

Yeah, I think it's mostly the same companies providing cellphone and landline/internet service, although the cable company might provide your internet, or you could be at a university and use their internet.

• edited 2012-12-19 20:30:06
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Every major ISP in Australia also operates a mobile network these days, and they each have some form of IPTV service too. Am I wrong to think that it's like this in all first-world countries?
  • a little muffled

Certainly the same in Canada, except replace "every" and "most" with "both".

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    "Both"? Really? I thought at least Telus and Bell would be as big as Rogers or Shaw...
  • edited 2012-12-19 22:28:14
    a little muffled

I was thinking of Bell and Rogers.

Shaw I hadn't heard of; apparently it only exists in the west (and, for some reason, Hamilton). Telus...I didn't even know they offered internet.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Ah, yeah. Plus now that I've actually done some more reading, it looks like Shaw doesn't have a mobile network. Oops.