If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How I read web forums

edited 2012-12-13 01:29:11 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My current algorithm is that in one "session" of forum activity, I read and respond to (if applicable) all the new posts in all the threads I am interested in until I can go back to the main forum view and see that they have no new posts.

Since I don't load all threads with new posts in new tabs, this means going back to the main forum view a few times...at which point those threads might have more new posts.

Advantages: won't miss stuff.  comprehensiveness and completion.

Disadvantages: time-unlimited, can take forever.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I did not even know until I read this that there was more than one way to read a forum.

I just kind of tab between stuff constantly. Though I've gotten "stuck" in conversations before. For a lack of any better term.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's pretty much what I do.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

That's what I do, except I don't call it an algorithm.

• That's pretty much what I do.

Plus a refresh every 2 to 5 minutes.

I can't help it.