If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Computer Issues

LaiLai
edited 2012-11-25 15:42:21 in General
I turn on my desktop and it boots this other user shit instead of my normal profile

What do?

Comments

• a little muffled

Cast your computer into the fires of Mount Doom for it is an evil thing.

Alternatively...can you describe your problem in a bit more detail?

• I boot it up and it just goes to the log in screen with no choice of profile other than other user with both fields completely blank.

I tried pressing f8 during boot up for safe mode but nothing happened.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Recently I lost my entire collection of stupid pictures. Some of them may well be now lost to history entirely!

• a little muffled

What OS is this?

• Vista I believe. -_-
  • edited 2012-11-25 18:07:58
    a little muffled

Okay. So, if I'm understanding correctly, rather than letting you choose from your existing user accounts it just gives you an "other account" signin where you must enter a username and password?

If you know the username for the account you want, have you tried entering in the username and password?

• No, not yet. I'm wary. I've heard it might be malware related though.
  • edited 2012-11-25 18:20:44
    a little muffled

Could be, but you're hardly going to be doing much about the malware without logging in.