If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What Are You Thankful For?

edited 2012-11-22 12:32:48 in Meatspace
Loser

Since today is Thanksgiving and all, I thought it might be worth making another thread about what you are thankful for and such (even if it might be pretty cliche and overdone).  Feel free to limit it to just a handful of things if you do not want to make a huge list of all of that stuff. 

Anywho, I guess I am thankful for having a roof over my head and for the waste water treatment workers who help make drinking water safe and deal with sewage and things like that. Special props to bus drivers and farmers as well, for doing some pretty crucial and tough jobs. Librarians probably deserve some kudos too. Seems to me that libraries are really beneficial and librarians have to deal with some annoying treatment from people from time to time.

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm thankful for new friends, old friends, the family, my room in the basement, my books (my One Piece collection, in particular), and good food.

Not thankful for all this homework, but that's college for ya.

• In the sense of didn't-realize-how-good-I-had-it-until-it-gets-taken-away:

>Gubbermint handouts, especially free public transport on weekends

>A thesis prof who is very understanding of me being 'overworked'

>Medicine tests with large payouts

>Internet for large helpings of schadenfreude, free stuff, and

>A spacy apartment with flatmates who are either constantly out or at home with their parents because the umbilical cord was never severed

>Privilege, because damn, that arguing with idiots you have to do if you're fighting for equal rights just looks draining

>Booze, for making life interesting

>Obligatory bros and brodettes

>Life in general

• Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

I'm thankful for this person who is willing to listen to me still even though I've proven to her how awful of a person I am. That's it.

• edited 2012-11-22 15:55:54
    I'm a damn twisted person
    *for the folks I've worked into a surrogate family IRL to replace my old one

*friends online who will chatter with me about damn near anything and be smart fuckers too.

*shitty amazing comics for being shitty and amazing comics

*my car
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I dunno. Life as a whole, I guess.

• You can change. You can.

dude i am like in another country studying what i want to study and like living and shit

so there is that?

• Above all else, I'm thankful for my friends and family, IRL or otherwise.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was born white and male in a first world nation, inherently putting my standard of living above most of the world's population. Billions of people still live in conditions that only barely support human life, but I'm lucky enough to have carpet under my feet, access to a worldwide communications and information network, huge amounts of instant ramen, silly luxuries like video games and more besides. I have a well-meaning, caring family, despite some issues, and great friends both online and offline. 

• edited 2012-11-22 19:02:40
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I am thankful I was born into a family with huge numbers, different socioeconomic levels and backgrounds and as a kid I got to grew up learning from each of them in equal amounts, I went to a private school that gave me a good base in english language so I am thankful for that, I went to a jesuit school which shaped the way I see the world, and my friends, who I might argue with or even fight with, but our bonds are longlasting still. I am grateful for my mother, who raised me alone and in the face of economic hardship persevered, I am grateful for my godfather who instilled a sense of historical and geographic curiosity, which school didn't do. I am also thankful for you guys, and Paul Zaloom, because my interest in science comes from his show. I am also thankful I am a panamanian, because I do like spanish and the mish mash of various world cultures that are found in its capital.