If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Marco Rubio can't tell you the age of the Earth without placating young-Earth creationists

edited 2012-11-20 11:25:19 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/19/rubio_declines_to_say_how_old_the_earth_is.html

Actually, even if he does placate them, he still can't tell you.  Not sure if ignorant of scientific answer or just too shit-scared.

Remember when the internet was jumping all over this guy for being the one tea-party Republican that people would support only because he grandstanded against SOPA?

...yeah, I wonder if that was merely for scoring political points.  Politicians gonna politick.

Comments

• edited 2012-11-20 15:21:49
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I can't believe how many people in the US believe in young-Earth creationism in the fucking 21st century. 

• edited 2012-11-20 15:33:59
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

(fuggedit)

• a little muffled

Interestingly young-Earth creationism is a more logically consistent position than old-Earth creationism because if the Earth were only a few thousand years old it would actually make sense for there to be "microevolution" but not "macroevolution". There's a reason that evolutionary theory didn't appear until after geological gradualism caught on.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Interestingly young-Earth creationism is a more logically consistent position than old-Earth creationism because if the Earth were only a few thousand years old it would actually make sense for there to be "microevolution" but not "macroevolution". There's a reason that evolutionary theory didn't appear until after geological gradualism caught on.

Huh, I've never thought of it that way before. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Regardless of consistency, it's a pretty foolish and naive belief. You can't really disprove eras of geological and biological development unless resorting to silly conspiracy theories.

• a little muffled

Regardless of consistency, it's a pretty foolish and naive belief.
    Yeah, of course. I mean you're still essentially ignoring the entire field of geology for the last two centuries.