If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Transportation

edited 2012-11-11 19:36:59 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It takes freakin' forever.

I went to AnimeUSA yesterday.  This means I take my school's shuttle from campus to the nearest metro (subway) station, which first takes half an hour.  This gets me to the Vienna-Fairfax-GMU station, which is the furthest-west station on the Orange line.  Then, I take the Orange line from the Vienna station, all the way over to the Metro Center station in DC.  Then I change to the Red line and then take it up to the Woodley Park station, where the Marriott where the convention is being held is.  The metro rail portion of this trip normally probably takes about half to one hour.  However, this weekend, there is track work on the Orange line between East Falls Church and Clarendon, so everyone gets off at EFC and boards a shuttle bus that droves over to Clarendon (stopping at Ballston-MU and Virginia Square-GMU along the way), and the reverse when coming back.

So the entire trip, for me, took about two hours.  During the day/evening, that is.  Come back any time after 9 PM and the return trip instead takes two and a half hours.

I went on Friday evening and Saturday all day.  So in total I wasted about eight hours for transportation.

The next thing my mom does is to call me about going home for Thanksgiving (the late November U.S. holiday) and winter break (basically Christmas/New Year season for those who don't know).

I just found out my computer's CD drive is broken.  Since it's still under warranty, I was going to get that fixed over break.  And stay here and get some rest, and get some research work done.  But no, I'm going home for winter break too.  So much instability...I'm just constantly in a hurry to get everything done...

Comments