If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

SHIFT+UP Games

edited 2012-11-11 05:57:38 in IJAM
yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Because there totally needs to be a thread about this on both forums I visit.

Long story short, SHIFT+UP is an obscure Japanese developer of what I can charitably describe as old Javascript web-games. I know pretty much nothing about them, but their website still works. I used to play their games a lot as a child when Bonus.com was still up and running (it was a game aggragator a bit like Kongregate, but far less polished and, afaik, with no social aspects).

Some of these games are alright (Area Flat 3 was a favorite of mine when I was little), but most are frankly mediocre, and some are hilariously weird (Lock-on is strongly recommended for this reason) 

It's not really worth any heavy investment, but they're fun little time wasters you might whittle away ten minutes or so on, and they're amusing relics of the late 90s/early 2000s web.

Comments

• edited 2012-11-11 13:24:55

Javascript

Java.  And some are Actionscript I guess.

• a little muffled

I like how "shooting" and "gun shooting" are separate categories.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Java. And some are Actionscript I guess.

I didn't even know there was a difference between Java and Javascript. Mahbad

I like how "shooting" and "gun shooting" are separate categories.

What, you've never heard of cactus shooting before?

• a little muffled

I didn't even know there was a difference between Java and Javascript. Mahbad
    They actually have nothing to do with each other; Netscape named their scripting language JavaScript essentially because Java was the hot new thing at the time and they happened to have the rights to use the name due to an agreement with Sun.

Well that's weird.

Anyway, yeah, SHIFT+UP games.

I wonder what these guys are doing nowadays?

• Apparently still making games.  They just don't seem to update their English page anymore.

• a little muffled

Well, this seems to be their more recent website, but I don't think there's an English version of that one.

Wait how'd you find that? I googled them forever ago and found nothing.

• edited 2012-11-11 19:24:34

By clicking "Japanese" in the corner of the page, presumably.  Or just going to the top-level instead of /index_e.html... there are plenty of ways.

• edited 2012-11-11 19:35:19
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

> _ >

anyway

some of their newer games are pretty cool. Also they've got a wallpaper section

I'm not entirely sure who or what this is.

Also Mizuki Magic Machine is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.