If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Causes.com does not let me sign petitions unless I connect my Facebook account.

edited 2012-10-31 06:51:17 in Webspace
My arms are falling off!

I don’t mind signing online petitions from time to time even knowing they alone probably won’t do a whole lot, but I find Causes.com to be one of the worst petition sites.

Mostly because it forces me to connect my FB account to sign in. 

This is what happens when I try to sign a petition:

1. Read petition.

2. Enter name and ZIP code as asked.

3. Click "Sign the petition." This should sign the petition and be done with it, but...

4. A popup shows up asking me to login with my Facebook account.

5. I click close because no I am not running my FB account through this site just to sign.

6. "You must log in to sign the petition." Well fuck you too.

There isn't even any sort of option to make an account manually with an email address. You either do the potentially-privacy-breaching act of connecting your FB account, or you're barred from signing and showing your support.

So, fuck you causes.com, I've signed petitions hosted on your shitty website for the last time.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

But Raydere, everything must be connected to an easily viewable and accessible outlet like a Facebook account! If it's not, people might think you're weird or something.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Looks like that website signed onto Facebook's idea of a universal logon.

Pun partly intended.