If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Halloween Avatar Exchange

edited 2012-10-29 22:42:31 in IJBM meta
Loser

I figured it might be worthwhile to split this off into its own thread to not clutter up IJBM Updates.

The basic idea is having IJBMers swap avatars with each other and then "wearing" those avatars (and titles too if you wish) on Halloween to imitate those users. It sounded like how this would all work out was not really determined yet, but the following was a plan I thought might work.

• Anyone who wants to participate sends a link to the avatar they think represents them to me I guess.

• I will then randomly determines what avatar people will get.

• Once that is done, I will PM everyone taking part with a link to their assigned avatar.

Right now I am up for whatever people want to do, but Lai already PMed me an avatar so I would rather just go with the plan above if no one else has a strong preference about this. Also, if someone else wants to take the helm on this, feel free to do that, it does not matter to me either way.

Anyhow, these are the people who said they wanted to do this this swap. Anyone who wants to can join in though. Also feel free to point out any mistakes I may have made here.

1.Alkthash
2.Saturn
3.Ironweaver (avatar received)
4.Forzare
5.Noimporta
6.All Nines (avatar received)
7.Nyktos
8.Lai (avatar received)
9.Bastion (avatar received)
10.Glennmagusharvey (avatar received)
11.Fourteenwings (avatar received)
12.Malkavian (avatar received)
13.Stormtroper
14.LouieW (avatar received)
15.Super Lazuli (avatar received)
16.ClockworkUniverse (avatar received)
17.Icalasari
18.Kraken

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Just to say, I think Noimporta had the right idea. Randomly pair off people and THEN they pick each other's avatar, based on perception of them.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I thought this was about being assigned someone's avatar so that people wear each others' avatars confusingly.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I'll do it.

Y'all can just use the avatar I have now. 

• edited 2012-10-29 18:15:47
    Loser

Saturn,

That may be a much better idea than the one in the OP. The only real issues I can see with it are that there is a possibility that you are going to be paired up with someone you do not really know well and that past avatars here are not necessarily as easy to find for some people as for others from what I can tell.

In any event, whatever people want to do works for me. If most people would rather do the pairing up idea, we could randomly set up the pairs at some point instead (Monday maybe). What do people think, do you prefer having a random pool or pairing people?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Y'all can just use the avatar I have now.

Same for me. 

• The way laid out in the OP seems fine.

Hm, to send in something shippy or something on fire.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Same for me. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm in.

Same for me. 

• No rainbow star

I'm in

• edited 2012-10-29 04:44:36
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Same for me.

• edited 2012-10-29 18:27:20
    Loser

The OP has been updated to list the new people opting in and whether people have expressed a preference about what avatar to use.

If anyone else wants to join or if any of the other people on the list want to say what avatar they would like added to the pool (either through PM or posting that they want to keep the one their current one), feel free to do so.

I figure that it probably makes sense to do the randomizing later tonight so people can at least get their avatars by Tuesday, but if someone else thinks we should wait a bit more, I have no real problem with that.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Might as well get in on this.

• Sure, let me get in on this for the hell of it. 

• If it's not too late, count me in.

Guise how do i be more krakeny

• Did all the people who wanted to get in on this receive their avatars? I tried to accommodate the people who asked to take part late last night and early this morning, but I am not sure if I covered everyone.

Also, I hope some of my "editorial" choices were not too awful (e.g., Noimporta's and Forzare's original avatars).

• You must swim in the dream of a thousand ethers. Laugh in the face of the gods. Tell tales to all you find.

And laugh before you cry.

Because dying is easy.

But comedy isn't.

I have trouble associating Alk (the resident no-nonsense guy) with the Black Bomber. :/

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Hey you've seen me shit post. I'm a fucking poetic demolition expert. Not gonna be all Shakespeareian with my explosions, all sound and fury, signifying nothing. No ma, this operation will be precise. All calculated and immaculate. I will create the biggest boom with the smallest non-sequitur.

/claps

That's uncannily in-character.

• No rainbow star
    So

When do we switch back?
  • I did it this morning. 

Glenn using my lego Elesa is confusing.

Personally, I will switch to something else when I find a new avatar I want to use. 

• Gonna switch back soon. Honestly forgot.

Who is Elesa?

• Electric Gym Leader from Pokemon Black & White.

The girl in your avatar.

• So

When do we switch back?

Ideally, never!

Oh.

She looks pretty cool.