If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I suck at making myself get things done early

edited 2012-10-25 15:59:57 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Stop talking to us about it and do it.

:P

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

There is something called "beat the glock." It was a wake-up device based around a glock. It didn't fire bulelts, but it made hell of a noise. the idea was to wake up early enough to turn it off.

• You don't really need a gun to do that. o_0

I already have a really fucking loud alarm clock that makes me instinctively wake up before it wakes up the whole building.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My current problem isn't getting up early enough as it is not procrastinating my time doing all sorts of random little things.

...like, say, checking internet forum threads.  ...ow!  ...no offense.

• Learnt a motivational technique from a memory coach once that involved setting a really specific goal like "i will score such and such on this or that test/exam/assignment" and then fill a full A4 sheet of paper by writing that goal every night before sleeping.

I know it seems like alot of effort (and it is) but it really does get you in the right mood and frame of mind to achieve that goal oh and btw its best to make it an achievable goal rather than something like 100% or something otherwise you might disappoint yourself.

Hope this helps
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

I know it seems like alot of effort (and it is) but it really does get you in the right mood and frame of mind to achieve that goal oh and btw its best to make it an achievable goal rather than something like 100% or something otherwise you might disappoint yourself.

I will conquer Calradia in less than 360 in-game days. I will conquer Calradia in less than 360 in-game days. I will conquer Calradia in...

• edited 2012-10-26 22:34:58
    Loser

Glennmagusharvey,

Have you tried using a physical planner/agenda/calender thing to organize your time and plan out deadlines? I think it might help you keep track of everything a little better. I guess another way to try to cut down on procrastination is to try to purposely space stuff you want to do in between chores, schoolwork, and other things you need to do. So maybe you could tell yourself "if I finish Y then I can go on IJBM/play games etc." or something similar.

Of course, I suppose the effectiveness of all of that stuff is proportional to the willpower that you develop and unfortunately I am not much help there. If you just want people here to tell you to get to work when you are in a procrastinating mood though, they probably would be glad to help you with that.