If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It Just Bugged Me - the website bug reporting thread (obsolete)

edited 2011-04-28 12:45:28 in IJBM meta
(void)
But it doesn't if I don't. With one exception: avatars still don't show up.

Edit: Changed title.  Was: I Just Found Bug! (formerly: The site seems to work when I log in.)

Comments

• Actually, no, it seems to almost entirely work(with the exception of a few links) when I don't log in now too.

Odd.
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    I just got it to work (mostly) after some fiddling around. As for avatars, just re-upload them as they weren't exported along with the database.
    Also, which links are you referring to?
  • Looks like it works just fine.
  • UE: Right after I clicked the sign out link, if I remember correctly.
  • edited 2011-03-26 23:17:47
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    yeah, I noticed that too: for whatever reason, it clones the /forums in the url to /forums/forums. not sure what causes it yet, but it does do the actual logout job from what I saw, just has a bad redirect. scratch that, I just found and applied the fix

EDIT: I just stickied this thread and turned it into a bug report thread.
  • You should probably add an index or turn off directory indexing(or whatever the hell that was called).
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    In order to make a new account we have to use a captcha. In order to get the captcha available for new sites we need to register it or whatever.
  • edited 2011-03-27 18:55:43
    (void)
    This should have superscripts.

This pops up when attempting to register.
    http://i53.tinypic.com/25gs6u1.png

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create

This is the link to the admin captcha site.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is it possible to hack the thing to have a custom captcha of our own choosing?
  • Unless recaptcha starts failing, I wouldn't bother.
  • edited 2011-04-02 00:02:03
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    New accounts need approval before joining.

A: Who approves who comes on? How long does it take?

B. Does that mean you can reject people you don't know at all, unfunny sockpuppets or people you personally do not want on the forum? or is it for bots?
  • edited 2011-04-02 00:09:53
    I think at this point it's a temporary fix for the captcha system being blown to bits. You should be fine if you're not an impostor or an obvious spambot.
    I've approved two people I didn't recognize.
  • I keep getting errors somewhat similar to this:

"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1048576) (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/class.authenticator.php on line 82"

Just saying.
  • Where is that happening?
  • Anytime I try to reload a page or access one on the server. It seems to have stopped, however.
  • Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 786432) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/functions.general.php on line 866

I got different numbers than you! Nyah nyah!
  • Sounds like a server error to me.
  • The numbers vary.

How debilitating is this? I hope it's easily fixable and nothing too serious.
  • The numbers aren't that important; the fact that it's running out of memory is.

It'll probably require either a restart or a server upgrade.
  • ...We can't be taking that much space up. Dammit. 

Well, what is a more viable option?
    I'll go bug UE.
  • edited 2011-04-03 20:54:23
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Eh, apache memory noms sometimes.  I still need to re-optimize it; just been busy with stuff outside of the interwebs.  I'd much prefer lighttpd, nginx or something of that nature, but cpanel only cooperates with apache :p
    So is this a problem that consistently happens, or just a stupid exceptional instance?
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    it happens sporadically, just not very often.  can't remember the last time it happened to someone offhand, actually.  I'll be looking into further optimizing sometime soon
  • edited 2011-04-16 18:32:35
    Clicking a Star next to the Thread will bookmark it, but there is no Bookmarked Threads area.
  • edited 2011-04-16 18:37:12
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17351222/yesthereis.png

That said, it might not show up depending on your browser, I guess.  So that'd still be a bug.
  • edited 2011-04-16 18:38:04
    I user Firefoxed Nevermind I didn't even push the button. It works now.
This discussion has been closed.