If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Social stuff

edited 2012-10-13 21:52:15 in Meatspace
No rainbow star

A friend of mine wants to treat me to dinner for my birthday

I said fine. Now if it was just a treating me thing, then fine. However, she wants to invite two of her friends (one of which is a mutual friend). She is ONLY paying for me though

So I said sure and said I'm going to invite two of my friends

She's saying no, only I get to decide who comes

To my birthday

So who's being the idiot here? Or if it's both of us, what things are we both doing wrong here?

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Ask her why she thinks she's the only that decides who can come.

• No rainbow star

She hates there being too many people and wants a social situation to go exactly the way she wants

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's for your birthday?

If so, then you have more right than she does to decide who comes.

• a little muffled

In her mind, she's throwing you a birthday thing, therefore she gets to plan it and decide who comes.

In your mind, duh, it's your birthday, you're in charge.

Hard to really say either of you is in the right or wrong. Humans gonna hume.

• edited 2012-10-13 23:54:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Humans gonna hume.

> hume

http://images.wikia.com/eternaldaughter/images/e/eb/Hume_mia.png" alt="Hume (Eternal Daughter)" width="320" height="240" />

• a little muffled

I was actually thinking FFTA2, but I guess that works too.

• No rainbow star

^^^^ Ah, so that explains why I'm not sure of the social rules about this... Because we're both right and wrong at the same time... THAT'S always fun...

• I believe the best method to use here is guilt tripping your friend.

uh

I mean

that like

sucks

• edited 2012-10-14 01:08:24
    No rainbow star

^ Actually, she's pulling that guilt tripping crap on me herself

Going to move this to PM as she knows this site exists, and PM is the only way to keep drama from resulting due to the thread itself. Want in? Post here and I'll add you

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Count me in, I hate situations like these and I'd love to try and help out if I can.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Sure, why not.