If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Michelle Malkin: Romney supporters sign front of checks, Obama supporters sign back

edited 2012-09-30 23:38:27 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/malkin-slams-presidents-supporters-romney-supporters-sign-front-of-paychecks-obamas-sign-the-back/

Michelle Malkin, in a CBS News interview

Romney types, of course, are the ones who sign the front of the paycheck, and the Obama types are the one who have spent their entire lives signing the back of them.

Hey Michelle, I just signed the front of a check.

It's my rent.

Also, I get direct deposit so I don't sign the back.

So there.

Comments

• Erm...and getting paychecks for the jobs that you keep saying we don't have because we're lazy layabouts is bad how?

• It took me a while to realize what Michelle "In Defense of Internment Camps" Malkin was trying to say there, since I have direct deposit as well as electronic payment for my rent.

• Also credit + electronic payment.  Which I get the feeling the top brackets that'd be for Romney do more often than anything.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Michelle Malkin has proven that you can, in fact, be too much of a snob to function without assistance.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

And apparently you can also be too much of a sheltered little high-functioning-basketcase, because I have no idea why people would sign the back of a cheque. All I know is that it somehow results in Krusty the Klown going bankrupt. : (

Who is Michelle Malkin? A hairdo with a mic, I'm guessing?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I have no idea why people would sign the back of a cheque

You're supposed to do so before cashing or depositing it.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

How come? Do they already have handwriting-analysis technology built into ATMs? Or envelope-opening-and-content-removing technology, even?

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-10-04 01:49:33

I deposit them in person.  My parents have had problems with ATM depositing them, and with my luck I'm not eager to repeat.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I've never ATM-desposited anything.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

• I've never ATM-desposited anything.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

the fuck is an ATM deposit

ATM's don't deposit

• Poot dispenser here

The ATM's for taking cash out, not putting it in, it seems.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^No, you can. They even give envelopes for this purpose. But it's really annoying to do, so many of them don't have this function anymore.

There's a way to deposit cash through these sucky-tubes, I think.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, you can. They even give envelopes for this purpose. But it's really annoying to do, so many of them don't have this function anymore.

Maybe over in Bizarroland :|

• edited 2012-10-04 03:10:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^I've only seen those through bank and pharmacy drive-thrus.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I did ATM deposits when I had my grocery store job because I did night shifts and I slept during bank hours.

• Yeah, I mean the ATMs here will take your check and scan the amount on it (usually) correctly.  It's just open to a bunch of problems I don't want to have to deal with.

And you're supposed to endorse the check before putting it in anyway.

• a little muffled
    I do ATM deposits because they don't involve interacting with humans.
  • edited 2012-10-04 11:55:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I do ATM deposits because they don't involve interacting with humans.

• >2012

>not using direct deposit

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I keep thinking this thread is about me at first glance.

• ^^ Paper trail.  When you've had other people lose your shit as often as we have, you want a paper trail.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    And if your bank lets you check you accounts online, like most banks do, it is trivially easy to pull up a direct deposit paper trail.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-10-07 14:44:03

I guess I'm a bit jaded to that idea after having a credit union lose stuff twice about our car payment, and the IRS audit us once for something they misplaced and we would've been screwed without having said physical documents.  Oh, and my first college accidentally deleting my entire transfer.

When possible, I get a physical paper trail.  Online records are great when they work (and they are my first resort), but between having awful luck and being a programmer myself, I'm not trusting them any further than I have to.

Any institution will be as incompetent as it needs to be, and then a little bit more.