If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Maury

edited 2011-03-23 01:46:56 in General
The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
More specifically, its "lie-detector" episodes. I frankly don't know what bugs me more about them: the blatant over-reliance on the lie-detector results on the parts of, well, everyone; the general unsavviness/stupidity of the guests who gets baited in the "sexy/buddy decoy" room; or that the guests would rather make complete fools of themselves on national television than to just be honest with their significant others.

Comments

• I don't have this issue since I don't watch things I dislike.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Really?

Stop watching shows that bug you. Simple. It's not that hard.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    My complaint about Maury is different, though.
  • "I frankly don't know what bugs me more about them: the blatant over-reliance on the lie-detector results on the parts of, well, everyone; the general unsavviness/stupidity of the guests who gets baited in the "sexy/buddy decoy" room; or that the guests would rather make complete fools of themselves on national television than to just be honest with their significant others."

How about the fact that you can believe one of two things, the first being that it's all scripted, meaning that Maury is pretty much trolling his fans, or the second being that it's all real, meaning that people this stupid actually exist?
  • Are you saying the pain of losing my girlfriend and illegitimate child was scripted?  Are you?!
  • Not necessarily. I'm saying that either the pain of losing your girlfriend and illegitimate child was scripted, or you're just really, really stupid.