If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Me finally getting my own room should not excite me this much.

edited 2012-09-19 14:49:42 in Meatspace
They're somethin' else.

In fact, that's kinda sad and I'm not even sure if that falls under any kind of #firstworldproblemsLOL shit.

To lessen the blow, I DO aim to buy my own groceries, refrigerator and a hotplate. My needy ass needs to teach itself proper cooking and fridge management without any hoarder shenanigans from any remaining members of the family.

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Hey it's still cool that you have your own room now. Like are you moving out to live with some roommates or something?

• edited 2012-09-19 16:43:17
    They're somethin' else.

I mentioned "remaining members of the family" in my OP for a reason :P

I still live with my parents, and if I had the income to get an apartment, or the gall, discipline and resourcefulness to be one of those voluntary homeless folks, I would have done it years ago. My parents have never required me to pay rent (they're clingy Catholic, Mexican American parents, after all). All they ask of me is the occasional (read: frequent, not that I mind) chore and to keep hanging out with friends late at night or aimless venturing in the day to a minimum (which I do mind. Socializing is vital for me, as introverted as I am).

I'd like to ween myself off of them bit by bit. And to do that, I feel I should teach myself proper eating habits (My brother tells me that at the rate I'm cycling and weight lifting, the only thing stopping me from looking fit is the garbage I'm always eating), cooking and grocery shopping, since mom is obviously not gonna start cooking anything healthy anytime soon XD. Also, I need to start buying crap that arent just T-shirts and Jeans.

EDIT: nvm. Getting a hotplate and mini fridge is highly impractical, considering the space, and a waste of money. just label stuff and cook them the week you buy them, Schitzo, you idiot.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If you're living with your parents, why are you using a separate fridge?  Mini-fridges are awful for actually storing any significant amount of basic non-prepared food.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah, I edited my second post to remark on that.

I do give my parents money every once in a while, but even if I did actually have to pay rent, I'm certain I still wouldn't be able to hang out way late at night without giving them 5 heart attacks in a row. They're just too set in their ways.