If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"I don't care about this, therefore it is outrageous that anyone does"

edited 2012-09-18 17:16:13 in Webspace

I see this whenever typography gets brought up outside of sites about type or design and it irritates me.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

On the other hand, the utter fury that Comic Sans generates is stupid as hell.

• But it's actually true that nearly every use of Comic Sans is horribly inappropriate and looks tacky at best.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I agree. But people freak out when something is written in it, like they were rickrolled or something.

• ^^^It can be, yeah, and honestly I'm not sure how much of it is genuine.

• People freak out when they're being rickrolled?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yeah, I don't really understand the point of it. If somebody finds something minute and esoteric interesting, all the more power to them. I only really take exception when the person is obnoxious about it.

• Apathy is trendy.

• I don't know, it seems completely outrageous to me that people would be interested in another nation's local politics, but that's precisely what happens.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Local politics impact both local economy and external politics, therefore it impacts global economy, this is not early civilization, this is how a globalized world works.

• You can change. You can.

Theoretically speaking.

Practically speaking, that only applies to the G8, and I think that's stretching it as it is.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Practically speaking, that only applies to the G8, and I think that's stretching it as it is.

Practically speaking, when people care about the local politics of other countries other than their own, they care about the G8 and their inmediate neighbors.

• You can change. You can.

their inmediate neighbors.

At least from my own experience, I think the caveat for that to happen is if said politics and news actually touch upon the current state of the person's country. 

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-09-18 21:57:19

Besides, we all know Terminal is where it's at.

You are standing in front of a white house with a mailbox.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

lol, butterfly effect

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm not sure. You see news about the Greek debt crisis everywhere. 

• I get this a lot from other people due to my minor-detail-obsessing and my general "Why?" attitude.