If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There was supposed to be a dubstep party at the school nightclub

edited 2012-09-15 22:53:03 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now

And you know what they played? Chart toppers, but remixed~~~. Well, that, and generic dance beats. One of my friends guessed that it was just going to be slightly faster grind music, and once the crowd thickens a bit, that assessment will probably end up being spot-on.

This is worse than when the rave at PortCon ended by mixing "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" with "Party Rock Anthem" (the latter being infinitely worse, of course) and I got faked out attempting to jump-stomp on the bass drop.

Comments

• a little muffled

Your school has its own nightclub?!

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-09-15 23:08:15

Chart toppers, but remixed~~~. Well, that, and generic dance beats.

There's a difference?

• edited 2012-09-16 00:18:46

^ The dance beats didn't actually resemble any well-known stuff; they just sucked.

^^ Yes. People still mostly go to other places for frat parties and shit, of course. But it has air hockey and pool! And neon chairs.

Actually, I kinda want to go back and see if it's changed at all. But I get the feeling they'll probably just play some Skrillex near the end and go "HEY WE PLAYED SOME DUBSTEP AIN'T THIS WACKY"! Dammit, I was ready to dance spasmodically, and that doesn't work with regular dance music.

-sigh- Even if they literally just played Skrillex the entire time, that would have been better.

• Poot dispenser here

I guess "dance beats" is something probably closer to maybe Eurodance or similar.

• No rainbow star
    Now I'm imagining that "Hey I just met you" song being remixed and passed off as dubstep...
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Actually, I think that might have happened. People still thought there was good music there, but I have to vehemently disagree.

• edited 2012-09-23 23:27:54

See, why couldn't they have played stuff like this?

If I found out that they actually did, I'd be pissed.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No, they should have played stuff like this:

• Have some metalstep.

• Definitely not gay.

>turning into a music dump thread

Must...resist urge...to post Anal Cunt...

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ If you can find a dubstep remix of their stuff, go for it.

^^ Why, thank you.

• edited 2012-09-24 13:00:58
    I'm a damn twisted person
    ^^ why would you ever post Anal Cunt, unless you want people to be annoyed?
  • Just answered your own question there.