If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

CERN's discovery of a new particle (possibly the Higgs Boson) has passed peer review.

edited 2012-09-10 12:38:28 in Meatspace

Looks like whatever they found is officially considered real now.

All that's left to do is test to see if it's really the Higgs Boson and see how the Standard Model of particle physics holds up.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Awesome.

Also, I love the "becomes actual science" in the headline.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Yeti and the Higgs boson play poker. Who wins? Yeti. Everyone knows Higgs boson isn't real.

- or, now-obsolete way to troll theoretical physicists

• edited 2012-09-10 23:31:59
    No rainbow star
    What if the particle turns out to not be the Higgs but something completely unexpected?

Because Zenni's post is making me think that's a possibility
  • It's safe to assume that it is, but if it isn't then particle physics is going to be in major overhaul.