If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who are quick to condemn

edited 2012-09-09 21:32:35 in Meatspace
You can change. You can.

(I know that, considering that there's a thread where a really similar topic, this might come across as passive aggressive bitching. But I don't mean it to come like that. As much as I disagree with Neo Crimson's position in that particular topic, this is about my parents)

So, I had dinner with my parents today. As we were eating, my folks were watching a documentary on the Colmenares case (A case about a university student kid who died in mysterious circumnstances) and they were pretty much rabid dogs claiming for the head of the demanded because she appeared guilty with no evidence. 

Ugh. It's just...the murder has no explanation, no circumnstances, there are some witnesses and and that's about it. And yet we're calling for beheadings. And it annoys me because it's the sort of thing where these people let their indignity and their rage cloud their reason and then claim for justice when they're asking for vengeance. And it's a really toxic attitude. And it gets on my nerves. 

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm with you there.

On a similar, media-related note: heavily biased documentaries that use popular history as "education". 

• Your parents are Nancy Grace?

I'm so, so sorry :(