If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Spam fanfiction updates

BeeBee
edited 2012-09-06 17:31:23 in Media

So, say you subscribe to an author because they have a decent story going that doesn't update all that often.  Okay, great.

Then they go on a shipping binge.  Suddenly your inbox is crammed with near-daily "drabbles" that are not only not the decent story you were interested in in the first place (okay, great, they're allowed to do other stuff of course), but itself little more than a marathon of hooking up their pet ship over and over again in increasingly short, vapid, and superficial circumstances.  Out of morbid curiosity, I clicked on one of them in my inbox that's on something like chapter 50 or some shit, and apparently it has 125 words.  Motherfuck, that's less than this forum post.  I've seen author notes more substantive than that.  You're not going to fit a compelling story into that little space.  It's going to look like this:

50+ chapters of THAT.

Hell, I could probably write a generator script that could crank out that sort of thing, but the world deserves better than to have that land on its shoes.