If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People saying "on a stick" when they mean "on legs".

edited 2012-09-04 12:28:05 in Wonderful posts
a little muffled

Seriously guys, a stick is different from legs. I mean, duh.

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

Tell that to scarecrows.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Or pirates. Or stiltists. Won't anybody think of the stiltists?
  • But what about the phrase "beatstick"?

• a little muffled

Sounds like a euphemism, but otherwise fine.

The problem is that "on a stick" already means something else, and it's not even mutually exclusive with legs.

• I just love being part of a fan community with slang that's utterly baffling to non-fans.

• a little muffled

Yeah but it would be better if people who were part of the community didn't keep using the slang wrong, dammit. >:{

• It's an iso-chronic problem, isn't it.

• No rainbow star
    Ok, what the hell is going on...?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Ok, what the hell is going on...

•  
    Ok, what the hell is going on...?

• a little muffled

People are wrong on the internet.

• Apparently someone's getting

mixed up with

• a little muffled

Nonono, somebody's getting

(Shock on a stick)

mixed up with

(Shock on legs).

Lavamancer is Shock on a stick, on legs.

Get it right, people!

• a little muffled

Also, Fish doesn't mean Merfolk.

• No rainbow star
    ...I'm still confused
  • They're talking about Magic: the Gathering, and how people frequently refer to new cards as " on a stick" where is some existing card and the new card in question is able to do the same effect whenever.

Or something like that.

I don't actually know anything about Magic though so...

• edited 2012-09-04 19:04:55
    a little muffled

"[x] on a stick" is meant to refer to a creature or artifact that allows you to do [x] as an activated ability, where [x] is a one-shot spell. It is a reference to the card Isochron Scepter.

"[x] on legs" is meant to refer to a creature that has the effect of [x], where [x] is any non-creature spell.

For some reason, lately I've seen people using the former to mean the latter, and it bugs me.

• No rainbow star
    Ah, so it would be like saying a live grenade on a stick is like a live grenade on legs