If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dinning hours

edited 2012-09-02 19:04:48 in Wonderful posts
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Anyone know where I can view the hours for all the dinning halls?

Thanks.

Comments

• No rainbow star

You have to email administration between 1:00 am and 1:01 am. They will send back a secret code. That's no where NEAR all, however

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Actually, the text and subject of the OP were taken from a post to an e-mail list at my undergraduate institution.

• The schedule's supposed to be on the nineteenth floor, but that one doesn't exist.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Wayside reference.

• I was in the shower this morning and my brain was like, "Dude, DUDE.  You know what you haven't thought of since you were ten?  Fucking WAYSIDE SCHOOL".

• edited 2012-09-03 16:23:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^^ I thought it's only open to hackers.

Then again, I don't know anything about Wayside.

Edit: Okay, it's not obvious from the internet.  MIT numbers its majors, currently from I to XXIV (usually written in roman numerals if it's just the major number by itself), with a few subdesignations.  Currently, Course XIX is not associated with anything (it was meteorology before that was rolled into Course XII, Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences).  Currently, it is sometimes informally associated with the student activity known as "hacking", which involves pulling good-natured but logistically-sophisticated pranks and exploring architectural features.

Of course, this isn't the first time Course 19 has been used for a joke major.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-09-03 17:04:50

Wayside School is a kids' book series about a school with 30 classrooms that was accidentally built vertically as a skyscraper because the construction crew had the blueprints turned on the side.

The 19th floor doesn't exist.  At all.  There's an 18th floor and a 20th, but the 19th floor was never built.  Occasionally stuff will get lost in the stair landing between them, and they disappear forever because they end up in some crazy eldritch space where the students of the lost floor memorize the dictionary forever and put up with a cow that somehow ended up there too.

Also the teachers are all kind of batshit insane and there was something about nasty cottage cheese and dead rats.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^You know, I loved the Wayside books as a kid but only now do I see how terrifying that place was.

Also, don't forget the teacher that would magically turn you into an apple if you did ANYTHING to piss her off.

• She got eaten though, so it's all good.  Well except for her.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

lolwut

Sounds like it should become a TV series or something.

Hey, make it an anime.

• edited 2012-09-04 03:31:53
    There is love everywhere, I already know

It was a TV series, pretty decent too for a Nicktoon.

It cut out most of the really creepy things from the books though.

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Dining hall schedules? Did you hear? The committee hasn't voted on the schedules yet.