If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

AHAHA! My work as a page!

edited 2012-08-26 22:57:38 in Webspace
Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

As far as I know, my Edgy handle is still banned on TV Tropes., but now my work as a page AHAHAHA!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BanzaiPecanLastHopeForTheYoungCentury

I wrote the story and script to this. Been working on it since before 2009 with a good friend of mine. AHAHAHAHA! My work has a page! Thanks for the free advertisement, Fast Edward! Revenge is a dish best served ignorant. 

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Yeah that's great and all but well there is the whole rule against importing drama and stuff. I know the being named after a former forum there might be misleading, but we don't really seem to care much about TVT these days. 

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Yeah, it is great. Free advertisement! It was only a matter of time because someone made one of these.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. We . . . don't particularly need another TVTropes discussion, but hopefully this work catches on, with or without this advertisement.

• Yeah, most of us don't even care for TVT anymore. Even Beyond The Lampshade, a site conceived for roasting TVT, has stopped caring for it.
  • They're somethin' else.

Game looks okay. I think I'll give it a try. Beat-em-ups are pretty much my favorite genre.

• edited 2012-08-27 01:43:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, for what it's worth, I guess this is a legit work that's actually been officially released and published and is acquirable.  Better than fanfic pages on TVT.

^

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I sort of love when things like this happen.

• My work as a page!

AHAHAHAHA! My work has a page! Thanks for the free advertisement, Fast Edward! Revenge is a dish best served ignorant.

There's a bonus pun there, but explaining it would probably be a waste of breath.

• In b4 farfetched interpretations of the work, fetishization of the characters and hyperbolic gushing ruin the enjoyment of the Morissirony.

• You can change. You can.

diseased flame, sibling

Oh yeah. I'd hate it if my fanfic ended up on TVT. But the game I helped work on... yeah, this is something I want people to know about.

It might be free advertising, but I'm not sure it's good advertising. Given how work pages don't really describe a work very well and just list off easy to notice things in it... your game sounds like an extended sex joke from an aggressively teenage mindset. Not sure if that is accurate, but that's the impression your work page conveys.

Hm, you have a point, however, don't most people who frequent the site know that work page don't describe the work very well? I don't know, I stopped caring about TVT a year and half ago until something I worked on ended up there.

Hell if there is a way to quantify how many people believe in the usefulness of work pages, but plenty of people on the site(aka the ones maintaining and seeing the stuff) generally seem to think that trope lists are accurate representations of a work.

Well anyway, a few people here may actually like the game. It's a retro- anime-ish style beat 'em up based on Fist of the North Star, Cutey Honey, and God Hand and it's pretty hard by design. I wrote the story and script and I will tell you that it's more than just you vs. the demons, but not much more really. Things get pretty awesome in the end though.

In that case, I'll be sure to give that a try once I get a Desura account.

Thanks! Hope you like the demo. Also, this game really should be played with a gamepad. You can manage a little with the keyboard though.

• It might be free advertising, but I'm not sure it's good advertising. Given how work pages don't really describe a work very well and just list off easy to notice things in it... your game sounds like an extended sex joke from an aggressively teenage mindset. Not sure if that is accurate, but that's the impression your work page conveys.

Yeah, I was gonna say...

This is why TVT is not good advertising.  It's not that a trope page is bad, it's that the people who make it for you aren't always the brightest in what they highlight.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

think that trope lists are accurate representations of a work

That right there is, IMO, the fundamental flaw with TVT. Listing elements is fun, but it is only fun. Viewing it as anything more isn't a good idea.

• edited 2012-08-27 23:11:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I saw the trailer and it does look like an extended...well, not an extended sex joke, but an extended fanservice fest.

edit: inb4 penis joke

• It actually doesn't even look all that fanservicey to be honest.

Which is weird because I get the impression that fanservice was what they were going for.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Not saying that the fanservice will necessarily appeal to you.  :P  It doesn't appeal much to me either; I don't like it so blatant and absurd.

Even better: I'll play it with an arcade stick.

• edited 2012-08-28 20:51:33
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

And BAM! It was cutlisted. Of course it was. Hm, it's for the best really. I was thinking about what you guys were saying.

Edit: Nevermind... 

• edited 2012-08-28 21:05:16
    Loser

It looks to me like someone just put it in the VideoGame namespace.

It sounds like you figured that out though, so this post is kind of redundant now.

^Yup.