If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Plains

edited 2012-08-24 19:38:29 in Meatspace
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I seriously hate them.

I spent most of my life in a, more or less, hilly environment, and flat land and empty horizons just look off to me. They never cease to depress me.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Yeah, hills are lovely. Plains are just kind of meh; good for cavalry charges and not much else. Farming, I suppose. But mostly cavalry charges. 

• edited 2012-08-24 19:43:14
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Plains suck. No place to stall a ship and raise a jolly roger since they can see you ahead of time.

Also, no sea.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I don't know, they are kinda soothing.

I really like mountains, too. Especially forested mountains. 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hey, if not for plains, how would you play Soldiers?

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Plains bring out the crazy in me, espescially when they are super flat and nothing is around for miles (oh hi there Illonois). And then there is just horizon and sky and you can feel the lines of perspective blurring. Flat flat flat flat flat flat flat flat flat.

And then Alkthash shouted at windmills. 

• edited 2012-08-24 20:04:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Depends on what's in them, really. If it's just grass with nothing interesting to look at, yeah, that kinda sucks.
  • No rainbow star

Plains aren't too baOk, no, I can't say that with a straight face

Give me the mountains or the ocean any day!

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Alex - the water towers are my stalwart saviors, standing proud like cosmic nails holding the earth and sky together.
  • IJBM: near-absence of MTG jokes ITT.
  • edited 2012-08-24 20:13:17

(Damn being beaten to the joke.)

Edit: Timely ninja.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I've lived most of my life in the Midwest; so if plains ever bothered me, I got over it a looong time ago.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I was actually expecting an mtg thread, and I don't even play it anymorw.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

But I was first with M:tG joke!

• Yeah, hills are lovely. Plains are just kind of meh; good for cavalry charges and not much else. Farming, I suppose. But mostly cavalry charges.

The plains I'm used to are full of thick sagebrush.  A cavalry charge through that would make a whole lot of crippled horses.