If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That feel when all the young kids today were born when you were a kid

edited 2012-08-23 06:42:00 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Y'know, I was a kid in the 90s (albeit not a teen until the very end of that decade).  In this year's Olympics, I kept on seeing amazing athletes who were just teens.  They were all born in the 90s.

Also that feel when you see your old friends getting married left and right.

They're bugging me.

Comments

• Maybe you should get married yourself.

• You can change. You can.

Specifically, marry yourself.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The people I went to school with are all growing up in life. Many of them are in serious, committed relationships they've been in for years at this point. They all have stable jobs, they go to the pub, and some of them are even considering having kids.

>that feel when you realize everyone's all grown up

Luckily, I have an excuse to not be that responsible yet- they are all like, two, three years older than me, I'm still in my teens. But yeah, it's a bit of a shock to suddenly realize that, oh my god, people have gotten old.

• edited 2012-08-23 11:37:19

Related:

* That feel when you look on Facebook and see female friends of yours with changed last names.

* That feel when you're at dinner with fellow grad students and some of them are talking about their kids.  And the most you can do to not feel isolated is to mentally stand with those people who aren't married yet.

* That feel when you look around to your peers and realize that they're not kids anymore.  (which is what ^ this post said anyway)

• I know that feel. Now add in the fact that I'm still living with my parents. I do have the excuse that I go to a local branch campus of one the state colleges to save on room and board.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't think still living with one's parents is a big deal anymore in this economy.

• I'm moving out of the house on Saturday. I can't possibly overstate just how freaky it is to me that I'm an adult now.

In my mind, I consider myself to be no different from when I was 16, and the constant reminders that I'm not are getting very uncomfortable.

• You're a grad student, GMH?

Also, that feel when you didn't really care about your peers for most of your life because you were kind of antisocial, yet felt sad anyway when you realize they've changed. I know someone who excelled at every single subject in high school, last I heard he became a priest. Turns out all those good grades were stuff his parents pushed him into, and he's always been super religious. Now he's married at 20.

Dat feel bro. Dat feel.

• edited 2012-08-24 11:59:56

Yeah, I am.

Now if you're one of those people who pictures people as their avatar, picture Ami Futami as a grad student.

That picture, unfortunately, is far from true.

• That picture, unfortunately, is far from true.

She is like 13 so it'd be very strange if she were somehow a grad student, and I imagine all that school stuff would get in the way of her idol career.

Well I guess I can imagine her as a 20-year-old young woman in college who tag-teams with her twin sister doing stuff, though probably not to as extensively (or as hilariously) as they do in the show.  If anything, at age 13, they're (sadly) about the age when they'd actually start drifting apart a bit, if this were real life.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It's kinda funny, 'cause my younger brother and I were very adversarial until he was about thirteen, at which point we started to get along much better. 

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Sometimes I feel a bit like an idiot teenager. I'm not far off from it, granted, but I think I should be marginally more mature than I am...

I was born at the beginning of the '90s, so I'm not sure I know the feeling as well, but it's still a bit strange to realise how much things have changed in what feels like such a short span of time, watching people born when you were an adolescent turn into children, then teenagers, then adults...

> beginning of the '90s

Still my era.

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

I'm almost 28 and yeah, I know the feel. I just dislike teenagers so much though. I disliked them when I was a teenager. The little shits can seem to wait a few years to get piercings, tattoos, smoke, and then drink.