If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

NYPD's Muslim Stalking experiments fails.

edited 2012-08-22 01:55:46 in Politics
There is love everywhere, I already know

Really? Stalking people who are not suspicious at all because of racism and (extremely unfounded) stereotypes failed? That is so surprising...

I'm actually more surprised they continued with it (I heard about this a year or so ago and thought it would be shot down). I mean, it's stalking people because they just happen to come from a certain race and have certain religious beliefs, which I'm sure is a method we don't use anymore the modern world due to it's absolute idiocy. They followed these people home, detailed where they worked and where they ate and basically treated them like terrorists and non-citizens for over a year and they're not even issuing an apology.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

New York's Finest, people!

But really, I didn't know this was happening, but it isn't all that surprising now that I know about it...

• The scary thing is random racial profiling is more effective than the TSA.  But...you know...that's not exactly a glowing review.

• "Random racial profiling" is an oxymoron.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

^^ It still boils down to something like stalking a predominantly Italian neighborhood since they may be affiliated with the mob in Italy, y'know, because they're all Italian.

• Oh, it's still stupid as hell and causes more issues than the near-zero it solves.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

If I recall correctly, it's really a behaviour profile that one is supposed to look for when selectively searching airline passengers, not a racial one.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-08-23 22:25:44

If you ask Israel.  Who actually do it right, and have an amazing safety record despite being one of the highest risk areas in the world as a result.

The US, it's more like pulling over just about anyone with an epic beard and darker complexion.

• edited 2012-08-23 22:43:42
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So basically, a black guy with a Moses-beard, an Orthodox Jew after a suntan, and a devoutly traditional Muslim walk into an airport bar, and they're all stalked by the authorities.