If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

U.S. Senate candidate Todd Akin: "legitimate" rape (usually) doesn't result in pregnancy

2»

Comments

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-08-21 15:57:50

Looking at that article...

The 65-year-old lawmaker replied: "It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that is really rare.

MFW I realized what happened.

I'm guessing he heard that by proportion, vanishingly few cases of abortion are due to rape.  Which is true (in the US anyway).

And then he applied Politician Logic.  OBVIOUSLY women get raped all the time so that must mean they can stop the rape babies themselves!  RIGHT...?!

Honestly I'm not sure whether I'd rather have just thought he was a dumbass, or if this new state of inferring details as to how much of a dumbass he is is somehow more disturbing.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Probably the same logic that asks women to stop dressing so provocatively so men feel less urge to do them.

I wonder what happened to that "conservative value" called "personal responsibility".

Oh wait, it's only about personal responsibility when someone else claims an excuse.  When it's about oneself, it's about finding excuses too.

As for Todd Akin...well, the Republican Party is now head-achin', and I've got popcorn.

Want some popcorn?  It's buttered and salted.

• a little muffled

Want some popcorn?  It's buttered and salted.
    Now I actually want popcorn.

Oh wait I can totally go make popcorn right now.

Awesome.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Now I actually want popcorn.

Me too. 

Checking to see if I have any popcorn. 

• edited 2012-08-21 16:43:00
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I have popcorn, but I'll do with a little iced coffee.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Dammit, now I have to go make popcorn.

I has popcorn ^_^

• And I thought this line of thinking could only be listened to if you took a time machine.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Popcorn is contagious, it seems.

I ate all my popcorn T_T

• edited 2012-08-21 17:29:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Damnit, now I want real popcorn.

The smell of microwave popcorn was all over this kitchenette/break room in one of the buildings I was at earlier today.

• a little muffled

I ate my popcorn while watching Doctor Who. It was good.

I suppose I should apologize for starting this derail though. (It was GMH's fault!)

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, in case anyone was waiting...the other shoe ain't droppin'.  Akin is staying in the race.

5 PM today was the last time he could freely get off the ballot.  Republican bigwigs were trying to get him to GTFO.  He didn't budge.

There's a "second deadline", and that's in September, but from now until then he has to ask for a judge's permission to let him off the ballot, and he also has to pay for ballot reprinting.