If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That the "early 2000s" is a distinct thing

edited 2012-08-18 04:02:10 in IJAM

Time flies, doesn't it?

I remember Green Day being big, the Matrix being huge, and Napoleon Dynamite being inescapable.

Comments

• Don't think it aught to be that way?

• I remember hearing that the cultural zeitgeist of a decade doesn't quite end until five years into the next decade.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

As far as I can tell, the early 2000s was an extension of the 1990s, possibly tempered by 9/11.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

^ Pretty much, weren't platform sandals (late 90s thing) and the various forms of Mary Kate & Ashley (sort-of-mid-90s thing) still around during that time period?

• And boy bands and SpongeBob and The Powerpuff Girls (do those last two really count?)?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I know like absolutely jack shit of 90s pop culture.

Well, I know some pop culture, but I don't know, like, what was big and what wasn't and stuff like that.  Overall trends.